Welcome to the Waltham Forest Branch of the NCT. We are your local parent support network, helping you become the parent you want to be. The branch is led by volunteers, offering local parents and parents-to-be access to support, services and NCT events.
How We Can Help
- Our team of volunteers aim to provide you with as many ways and means of creating a support network via our regular meet ups as possible.
- We have dedicated Homebirth support volunteers, who can offer help and advice within your local area.
- There is lots of support in Waltham Forest if you have any concerns about feeding your baby. Local NCT breastfeeding counsellors Kate and Andrea are happy to support you through the challenges, whether you are breastfeeding, bottle feeding or both. There are also many local support groups where you can see a breastfeeding counsellor.
- Our quarterly newsletter provides you with local news and an insight into life of local parents.
- Nearly New Sales - The cost of kitting out your baby or toddler can be very expensive. The Waltham Forest NCT Nearly New Sales are the perfect solution - offering top-quality baby and children's clothing and equipment at bargain prices straight from their loving owners. We hold four Nearly New Sales a year, so why not find out when the next sale is and grab a bargain!
- Saturday 21 March
- 10:30 – 12:00 (midday)
- Walthamstow School For Girls Church Hill, Walthamstow, E17 9RZ
- Clothing age 0-7 years; maternity wear; toys, books and DVDs for babies and children (all ages); equipment (prams, cots, safety gates, etc).
- Fill out this online form: http://www.sogosurvey.com/k/RQsQYXQRsTsPsPsP as soon as possible before Sunday 22 February 2015.
- Sellers places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis but priority is first given to those who offer to volunteer on the day of the sale (we cannot run these sales without the help of our fabulous volunteers).
- We will send an email to those of you who have been allocated a provisional space.
- Follow the instructions contained in the email to confirm your place (this will involve signing our Terms and Conditions form and returning that to us along with your payment for your seller’s pack and two self-addressed envelopes).
- Once we have received your payment we will send you a seller’s pack that should arrive with you by 2 March 2015.
- For £3.00, we will provide you with 50 labels for clothing and 20 for toys/equipment.
- For £6.00, we will provide you with 100 labels for clothing and 20 for toys/equipment.
- Only items with the labels from our sellers pack can be sold on the day.
- Any items that do not have the correct labels on, are soiled, have stains, are broken, etc, will not be put out for sale and will be returned to you.
- You will be provided with a unique seller number to attach to your boxes/strong bags that you will need to use to drop your items off at the sale (it helps us run the sale more smoothly if you drop your items off in a box rather than a bag).
- After the sale, we will add up your takings and send you a cheque for 70% of the total amount of your takings (the remaining 30% goes to NCT).
- As a seller, you simply need to drop your items off at 8:45am, and then come back between 12:45 and 1:00pm to collect your unsold items. If you don’t collect your unsold goods between 12:45 and 1:00pm we will donate them to local charities: Walthamstow Toy Library, the Salvation Army and British Heart Foundation.
- Unless you are volunteering at the sale, as a seller you can attend the sale as a buyer from 10:15am (if you are a NCT member) or from 10:30am when the sale opens to the public. Our usual entrance fees will apply.
Are you interested in helping out with Waltham Forest NCT branch activities? Would you like to use your skills and experience to support local parents? Perhaps you would like and meet new people in your community? We are a busy branch and we are all volunteers. Please visit our Volunteering page for more information.
Please check our Stay Connected page for more information.