If you want to improve services in your local area, or want to support NCT’s national campaigns you'll find help and support on these pages.
Our national campaigning work is based around three campaign areas and our three policies on Pregnancy and Birth, Babyfeeding and Parenthood.
In the run up to the 2015 General Election, NCT has produced a Manifesto setting out the actions needed by the next Government to help support parents during their First 1,000 Days of parenthood.
We want the main political parties to include these solutions in their own manifestos. You can help by taking the Manifesto to your local MP.
We encourage and support campaigning across the UK. On these pages you can find the support you need to help make a difference locally using our Activists' Guides to running effective campaigns.National Campaigning
NCT campaigns nationally in three areas: pregnancy and birth; baby feeding and parenthood. We campaign on these objectives:
- One-to-one support in labour
- Birth environments designed around women's needs
- Easily accessible, individualised services for all
- Choice of place of birth
- Well informed parents and professionals
- Protection and promotion of the normality of birth
- The Baby Friendly Initiative being fully implemented
- Informed, individualised support
- Integrated government breastfeeding strategies
- Peer and specialist supporters
- Well informed and supportive communities
- Information on parenting approaches to be evidence-based
- Continuous parent-centred, empowering services
- Improved postnatal care
- High quality, affordable childcare
- Improved maternity and paternity pay and leave
For more information on each of the campaigning areas please click on links above.
For access to resources you can use to help you campaign for change where you live click here.
If you would like to help us we would love to have your support.