Nominate your maternity service for prestigious awards
Released on: 03 February 2012
Nominations are now open for the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Maternity’s (APPGM) Maternity Services Awards 2012. For over ten years, the annual awards have celebrated and recognised maternity services across England which show innovation and leadership in caring for women and their families.
The APPGM is inviting you to nominate your award-worthy maternity services, which make such a difference to families in the community.
The award categories are:
• Best example of involvement of service users in the development and delivery of maternity services
• Multidisciplinary team of the year
• Most marked improvement in services to address health inequalities or improve outcomes for mothers and babies
• Most supportive maternity service for new fathers and mothers
• Best example of a service for women with complex medical needs in pregnancy
The 2012 Awards will be presented at a summer reception in May to which commended and winning maternity service teams, MPs, Peers and maternity and family service policy leads will be invited. The 2012 awards are sponsored by NCT, the UK’s largest charity for parents, and Vitabiotics Pregnacare.
The closing date for nominations is 9am on Friday 6 April. To find out more or complete an online application form, please visit www.appg-maternity.org.uk
Last year seven outstanding maternity services won awards and a further six were highly commended for their inspiring work in improving local maternity services.
NCT provides the secretariat for the APPGM, which highlights maternity issues within Parliament and brings together health professionals and service users with politicians.
Press releases and statements
CQC survey shows women’s experiences of maternity care have improved but continuity of care is still lackingThu, 12/12/2013