In This Section
Training for health professionals and children's centre staff
NCT Professional workshops
The NCT offers a range of workshops for health professionals and children's centre staff who work with families, supporting them through pregnancy, birth and early days of being a parent.
Why choose NCT Professional training?
- Delivered by experienced tutors
- Many of our tutors are published authors in their specialist fields
- Delivered with clear aims and learning outcomes
- Interactive courses with delegate participation
- A chance to refresh your practice or learn new skills
- Increase your confidence in running antenatal classes, postnatal sessions or in giving breastfeeding support
- Share ideas and good practice with other professionals
- Personal development
Types of workshops offered:
Workshops delivered exclusively to your own staff and colleagues at a time and location of your choosing. NCT Professional workshop options Include:
- Running effective antenatal classes
- Running effective antenatal classes for young parents
- Leading a dynamic breastfeeding session
- Breastfeeding awareness for support workers
- Breastfeeding Champion Training (3-day intensive, BFI)
- Postnatal depression awareness for support workers
- Supporting the emotional health of teenage parents
- Post-natal groups – meeting social and emotional needs
We can also tailor workshops to your particular needs. Contact us for more information.
Specifically designed to meet the training needs of your team. Contact us and one of our experienced tutors will discuss a programme with you to ensure that the workshop delivers the aims and learning outcomes you require.
NCT Professional Voices workshops are designed for members of MSLCs, Labour Ward Forums and Breastfeeding Support Groups. They will help your people:
- Understand how to operate as a member of the group and improve committee skills
- Increase confidence building and problem solving
- Apprecitate the perspectives of all those involved in healthcare
- Learn how the health services works
- Explore effective partnership working
- Access and understand policy documents.