The History of NCT Glossop
The history is a little blurry, but in short, NCT Glossop was founded many years ago. But then about 5 years ago due to lack of support and volunteers it stopped running altogether. Then in 2009 Kate and Alli came along and a few other enthusiastic mums desperate to make Glossop a better place for new parents and parents to be. They launched themselves into it with their friends, organising nearly new sales, family parties and restarted our Bumps and Babes groups. amongst all kinds of other things. In 2011, Kate & Alli decided to move on to other things, the branch is now run by Rosie. See our Meet the team page to find out about us!
To keep our branch running we desperately need more people to help with the running of things, whether it be helping out at our coffee groups, or organising our events. There is always something for everybody to do no matter what your skills are or how much spare time you have!
The role and purpose our NCT branch is to:
- Attract and welcome all local parents-to-be and new parents, enabling them to support each other through developing a range of activities, services and information responsive to local needs, and accessible and appropriate to their local community
- Build good relations with other relevant local charities and community organisations and where appropriate, working with health professionals and other local agencies to achieve the aims of the charity
- Work closely with other parts of NCT, especially specialist workers and others who deliver NCT’s services to parents and health professionals
- Represent parents on relevant local bodies and campaign locally in support of the charity’s aims to achieve improvements for parents to be and new parents
- Publicise the work of the charity locally and promote its support through membership and active volunteering in a range of roles within the charity
- Raise funds to support the charity’s activities
Branches are the local FACE of the NCT – “Fun, Accessible, Caring and Encouraging” – and we aim to reflect these values in our local community.
|"Like" our Facebook fanpage to receive updates on all of our latest news and events!|