This list has been compiled to help you to find information and resources relevant to working with young parents. There are many excellent resources available. Click on the links below.
Please note that NCT has not evaluated the quality of the resources produced by other organisations, so does not necessarily endorse them.
Resources for supporting young parents
* Being a young mum - representation and reality
The F-Word: contemporary UK feminism
* You’re Welcome Guidance (Department of Health)
* Getting Maternity Services right for pregnant teenagers and young fathers (Department for Education)
* Teenage parents: who cares? A guide to commissioning and delivering maternity services for young parents (Department for Education)
* Reaching Out to Pregnant Teenagers and Teenage Parents: Innovative Practice from Sure Start Plus Pilot Programmes (Department for Education)
* Tommy’s The young woman’s guide to pregnancy (Tommy’s)
* KidPremier parenting books for young parents (KidPremier)
Resources for supporting young dads
* Invisible fathers: Working with young fathers – A resource pack (Fatherhood Institute)
* Young Father or about to become one? Booklet (Working With Men)
* Dads Matter Too DVD (Dad's Matter Too) - £10 donation
Further resources for working with dads in general are listed in the supporting dads section.