We are now inviting nominations from our membership to fill two Trustee vacancies.
As we steer a course through the impact of coronavirus, we need to think creatively about how we support new parents in a changing context. As part of that, we are reaffirming our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and taking positive action to enhance the diversity of our Board of Trustees and build their capacity in terms of skills and lived experience.
While candidates from all backgrounds may apply, we are particularly keen to encourage candidates from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds who can bring skills, experience, energy and enthusiasm to our social mission.
We have made good progress on our work to engage all four nations and have Trustee representation from England, Scotland and Wales, but remain under-represented in Northern Ireland. We are therefore encouraging members living in Northern Ireland to consider standing for election so the Board has representation across all the four nations of the UK.
This is an important opportunity to contribute to our social mission and be part of our future recovery and renewal, as we emerge from the initial phase of the coronavirus pandemic.
You can find more about the role of a Trustee, together with full eligibility criteria, in our candidate information pack. If you'd like to stand for election, please email our Board Secretary by Tuesday 6 October to request a nomination pack.
If you’d like to find out more about our plans to improve, update and embed an approach to equality, diversity and inclusion throughout our work and practices, see Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Tuesday 6 October: Deadline to express your interest by emailing our Board Secretary, to request a nomination pack.
- Tuesday 20 October: Deadline to submit your completed nomination, which requires two members to nominate you.
- Friday 23 October: Voting opens, with candidate information published on our website.
- Friday 4 December: Voting closes
- Friday 11 December: Election results announced at NCT's Annual General Meeting.
- March 2021: Elected Trustees attend their first Board meeting.