Are you interested in meeting people, working in a team, helping new parents get established in their new role? Do you have a background in administration, customer services, finance or accounting, information technology or databases, copywriting, marketing, the media or the web? Or would you like to develop some of these skills? If so, there is definitely a role for you! And a friend - all the roles can be organised as job-shares.
Please get in contact with us for more information at KensingtonAndChelsea@nct.org.uk.
The following roles are the core roles needed for an NCT branch to run, based on the Branch Charter.
- Branch Coordinator/Chair: who coordinates the work of the Branch committee or team, leads and develops the committee or team as a group, and is the principal link between the Branch and other parts of NCT. We run this as a collective group.
- Treasurer: who provides financial information necessary for the Branch committee/team to manage the Branch’s finances, keeps the Branch’s accounts up to date and prepares annual accounts. Erica Lamson
- Membership Coordinator: who welcomes those getting in touch with the Branch (either directly or through other NCT channels) and encourages involvement and membership, keeps in touch with members and encourages renewals. Rachel Hughes
- Parent Support Coordinator: who coordinates parent support activities and responds to enquiries from local parents, putting them in touch with Branch activities and services meeting their needs. ROLE VACANT
- Parent Services Administrator Link (PSA Link): who works with the PSA to connect the branch with antenatal teachers in the area coordinating volunteers to attend classes and introduce expectant parents to the branch. ROLE VACANT
- Advertising Coordinator: who works with the editor to sell advertising to companies/individuals offering services of interest to our readership and help cover the newsletter’s costs. ROLE VACANT- actively recruiting!
- Branch Press & Publicity Officer: who develops relationships with the local media, writes and places press releases and helps publicise the local NCT. ROLE VACANT
- Branch Secretary: who helps the chair/coordinator with the administration of team meetings and takes a note of actions. ROLE VACANT
- Baby First Aid Coordinator: who organises the branches baby first aid courses. Erica Lamson
- Branch Webmaster: who develops and keeps up-to-date our branch pages on www.nct.org.uk so parents know who we are and how to access our activities (again there is a Branch Guide to help you do this). Role Vacant
- Bumps and Babies Supporter: who works with the Parent Support Coordinator to run the Bumps & Babies groups. ALWAYS NEEDED
- Fundraising Coordinator: who puts together a fundraising team, works with the team to devise a fundraising plan and organises the events – there are lots of guides to help with this, for example the Branch Guide to planning your fundraising. We need to raise money for our local activities and make our contribution to the wider work of the NCT. ROLE VACANT
- Grants Fundraising Coordinator: who raises money for the charity through grant applications. ROLE VACANT
- Maternity Services User and Parent Reps: who represent local parents. ROLE VACANT
- Nearly New Sale Coordinator: who puts together a team and works with them to organise our Nearly New Sales. There is a guide to assist in this - the Branch Guide to Nearly New Sales. Emily Alford
- Newsletter Editor: who gathers interesting articles and edits them into our local bulletin for members. Rosie Bain
- Bra Fitter: to offer a bra fitting service. VACANT ROLE
- Breast Pump Agent: to offer a hire service.
- Study with us to become an Antenatal Teacher, a Breastfeeding Counsellor, a Postnatal Leader or Birth Companion. ALWAYS NEEDED
So, are you interested in meeting people, working in a team, helping new parents get established in their new role? Do you have a background in administration, customer services, finance or accounting, information technology or databases, copywriting, marketing, the media or the web? Or would you like to develop some of these skills? If so, there is definitely a role for you! And a friend - all the roles can be organised as job-shares.
Please get in contact with us for more information at branch.kensingtonAndChelsea@nct.org.uk.