Our NCT Signature Antenatal courses are relaxed, informative sessions covering a range of topics in preparation for labour and birth, feeding, and early parenthood. Our teachers are freindly and and well-informed and always open to any individual questions and concerns you may have about your pregnancy, birth and new arrival.
Unless stated otherwise, the classes are designed for couples, but many people attend on their own or with a friend, relative or birth partner; what ever works best for you is fine by us!
Subjects covered will usually include:
- Pregnancy and birth choices
- Choosing where to have your baby
- Body awareness, relaxation, breathing and massage
- Home births and water births
- What happens in labour and how the baby is born
- Pain relief - natural and medical methods
- Your labour and the role of the partner in labour
- What complications might arise - e.g. Caesarean birth
- Looking after a newborn and feeding your baby
- Early parenting, lifestyle changes
Courses are taught in an informal environment with a maximum of six couples all with a similar due date. Many people describe the relationships formed between themselves and the other people on the course as a massive benefit of the classes: many lifelong friendships begin on NCT antenatal courses!
Concessions are available for places on our courses; please inquire in confidence about these. Everyone can pay for a course by agreed installments as long as the final payment is made by the time that the course starts.
To find out about when courses are running near you please visit our course search page where you can enter your due date and post code to find which course suits you best.
For any information, such as prices and availability, or to book onto a course please contact our administrator Leigh on firstname.lastname@example.org