Antenatal courses are a great way to ensure you are prepared for the birth of your baby and to meet other local people who will be in the same position as yourself. Courses are small and informal, and everyone will be expecting their babies around the same time.
Courses are held at a variety of times and include dedicated breastfeeding sessions. They consist of a series of session for around 5-8 expectant mothers and their birth partners with a qualified NCT Antenatal teacher. They are a chance to learn more and discuss feelings about pregnancy, birth and early parenthood.
Each course is flexible and tailored to the individual needs of the group. We aim to cover many aspects of pregnancy, labour, birth and early parenting. These include;
- Pregnancy and birth choices
- Parenting choices
- Choosing where to have your baby
- Body awareness, relaxation, breathing and massage
- Home births and water births
- What happens in labour and how the baby is born
- Pain relief, including natural and medical methods
- Your labour and the role of your partner in labour
- What complications might happen – e.g. caesarean births
- Looking after and feeding your newborn baby
- Early parenting and lifestyle changes
NCT Antenatal Teachers use their extensive training, knowledge and experience to help expectant couples prepare for the arrival of their baby.
Please use the course finder to find a suitable course. Southam & Villages branch are delighted to be able to offer NCT Signature antenatal courses from February 2015 onwards. Until then, many local parents travel to courses in Leamington, Rugby or Banbury.