In partnership with Keep a Beat
NCT are looking to provide everyone who has any responsibility for children those all important, lifesaving skills they may just need one day, be it parents, grandparents, aunties, uncles, friends…everyone! We want to spread the word that first aid isn’t scary and that you can make a big difference in those first few vital moments.
Consider these facts:
- 44% of parents have not learned basic first aid in preparation for the arrival of their baby
- A third of parents have had to rush their children in to hospital at some point.
- And 82% of parents would not know what to do first if their child fell over, started to choke, or was burnt.
After dialing 999, the operator will talk you through the actions you need while waiting for the ambulance. Wouldn’t it be better if you had already practiced and the operator was just coaching you?
Our sessions are relaxed and aim to address any fears, giving participants lots of practice in lifesaving techniques and plenty of opportunity to ask questions. Babies are welcome to come along so both parents can attend if they wish.
By the end of the course participants have gained practical knowledge and skills, plus the confidence to put these skills into practice.
Topics covered during the course include:
- Unconscious baby or child (breathing or not breathing)
- Baby and Child CPR and Recovery position
- Baby and Child Choking sequences
- Head Bumps
- Raised temperatures (including Febrile Convulsions)
The price is just £20 per person.
A limited number of concessionary places* at £10.00 are available to qualifying attendees on a first-come-first-served basis.
Book now by clicking on the date you wish to attend - It could be the most important thing you do today!
Future courses take place on:
Please note, courses run throughout the year, only breaking in August.
NCT Baby first aid courses are suitable for parents, expectant parents and carers of babies and young children, you don’t have to be an NCT member to attend one of our courses. You are welcome to bring babies with you.
*Concessionary rates are only available to:
- under 18s
- students under 22 years of age
- council tax benefit or housing benefit claimants
- employment and support allowance recipients or working tax credit claimants
- parents with a yearly household income of less than £15,000
Please be aware that you will be asked to provide evidence of your entitlement to this reduced rate.
If you have any queries please email Emily at FirstAid.Basingstoke@nct.org.uk