Nearly New Sales Info - Clapham
Bag a Bargain at the Clapham NCT Nearly New Sale
The Clapham NCT can help you save money on quality baby clothes, toys, books and equipment. Unlike competitor sales, funds raised by the NCT Nearly New Sale are used to support local parents during the First 1000 Days of parenthood.
So, please support the Clapham NCT by:
1) Shopping at our sales, eating our cakes and drinking our coffees & teas
2) Booking a sale table or let us sell your large equipment items - ideal if you need to create more space at home (Cost £30/table money to NCT, you keep whatever you make on the day. Large equipment sold on commission basis - 30% to NCT, 70% to seller. Further seller guidance and booking form in related documents section to the bottom right of this page).
3) Volunteering to help with the running of the sale on the day. It is great fun!
4) Having a Nearly New Sale advertising board displayed outside your property for 3 weeks prior to the sale. Local estate agents Hamptons International have provided these boards for our 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 sales and it is an easy and high profile fundraising opportunity for the Clapham NCT and our Nearly New Sales.
Dates for 2016 sales
- Saturday 27 February
- Saturday 11 June
- Saturday 24 September
Time: 9.30am - 12pm
Location: Broomwood Methodist Church 155a Broomwood Rd (corner of Broomwood and Kyrle Rd)
Entry: £1.50 (priority entry for first 100 card carrying NCT members). Free entry after 11am.
Comprehensive seller guidance including booking form are downloadable from this page - see related documents on right hand side of screen.
Payments for table bookings for February 27 sale can be made using this link ----> BOOK TABLE
Contact Jenny, on email@example.com for further information.
First timers guide to the Clapham NCT Nearly New Sale
- On arrival, you will find two queues outside - one for members and one for non-members. When the doors open, we allow members priority entry into our sale. Prior to doors opening we will be selling teas, coffee and delicious homemade cakes to the queues from our mobile refreshments trolley.
- Upon entry and after paying your entry fee, you will be given a goody bag to hold your shopping. Additional bags can be obtained from the NCT info table in the foyer. Don't forget to visit the NCT info table to pick up back issues of our branch magazine, obtain information about our antentatal and postnatal events and activities or just chat to members of the branch team.
- There are two sale rooms: the door immediately to your right on entry takes you to the main seller hall where you will find individual sellers, selling clothes, books, small toys and equipment items; and if you pass through the foyer the room on the left is where we sell large equipment items (prams, cots, high chairs, safety equipment, larger toys, bathtime stuff, carriers) on a commission basis on behalf of individual sellers. Once the sale quietens down, this room usually becomes our cafe and feeding area.
- Please note many sellers will only accept cash and there are NOT facilities for paying by card.
- The sale is a buggy free zone, but we have ample secure outdoor buggy storage (don't forget those raincovers if it is wet!). You might find it easier to bring your baby in a sling or carrier.
- Our sales are always very popular and can get a bit crowded first thing as people look for large equipment bargains. We recommend coming along a bit later on if you are just interested in browsing the clothing stalls.
- Good luck and happy shopping!