Nearly New Sales - INFO & NEW ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM!
We hold four Nearly New Sales each year. This year's Sale dates are:
At our sales we sell nearly new (ie in good condition) baby & children's clothes from newborn up to approx. age 10, toys, books, and all sorts of equipment (including large items such as pushchairs, cots, highchairs, moses baskets), as well as maternity clothes. The exact items for sale of course vary at each sale but you can always get some great bargains!
NCT members are entitled to priority entry at 10.00am on production of their membership card. General admission is at 10:15. If you volunteer to help at the sale you are able to shop before the sale opens! It's a great perk and anyone can volunteer to help at our sales. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Child bike seats
Stair-gates / fireguards / bed-guards
Large outdoor toys (slides, swings, rockers, trikes, balance bikes, trampolines)
Frame backpack child carriers (not slings)
Children’s tables and chairs and other furniture, including easels
Sit-in activity stations, baby walkers, ride-ons, scooters
‘Vibrating’ chairs or any other type of baby/toddler chair (excl bumbos)
Bath-tubs (not bath seats)
We do not accept for safety reasons, the following items:-
- Recalled items (see information about recalls on RAPEX:http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/rapex/rapex_archives_en.cfm)
- Bag style baby slings
- Car seats, car booster seats, ’Isofix’ bases or car seats from travel systems (see note in pram/pushchair section)
- Riding hats or crash helmets
- Children’s outer garments with a draw string hood
- Bottles, baby food & formula milk
- Second-hand breast pumps
- Mains powered electrical equipment or toys (unless tested and approved by a qualified electrician
- Mattresses (excluding travel cot mattresses)
- Pedal cycles (if saddle height is more than 635mm)
- Cosmetics (unless unopened, originally for sale in the UK and before the use by date)
- Upholstered furniture (unless with the permanent label “Carelessness Causes Fire”)
- Carrycot stands (unless labelled with size and weight loadings, with a guard rail, suitable base, instructions and a maximum height of 432mm).
Can you help? We can always use help in the following ways:-
- Putting up some leaflets publicising the sale in your area - please contact us and let us know how many and we will send them to you - we will need your name and address.
- Bag Stuffing - this is preparing goody bags a few days in advance of the sale, ready to be given to all customers on the door. We get together at someone's house to do this. Many hands make light work. If you help at the bag stuffing you also gain early entry to the sale at 9.45am to shop prior to opening one of the perks of helping out!
- Cakes - can you bake a cake and bring it along for refreshments.
- Can you help on the day of the sale? Helpers get 15 minutes of priority shopping time before the sale, plus can sell big equipment at zero commission, and a few smaller items on the volunteers table, if they help for minimum 3 hours.
- Donations - If you donate clothes/equipment/toys to the organising team for us to sell on the NCT’s behalf, 100% of the money raised goes to branch to assist with our fundraising.
If you are interested in helping at the sale, have any questions about selling your items or any other questions, please email NNS.Dorking@nct.org.uk