If you decide to breastfeed but then find it difficult, there's lots of advice and support available these days. Please find below details of local groups. If you do know of others, please do not hesitate to let us know so we can update this page and spread the word!
- Mondays 10am until 11.30am – facilitated by trained peer supporters & breastfeeding support workersHolly Trees Children Centre, Mabey Avenue, Redditch B98 8HW
- Wednesdays 10.30am until 12pm – facilitated by Health Visitor & trained peer supporters
Pear Tree Children Centre, Broad Street, Bromsgrove, B61 8LW
- Fridays 10am until 11.30am – facilitated by trained peer supporters & breastfeeding support workers
Breast Buddies, at Holly Trees, Mabey Avenue, Redditch B98 8HW
- Fridays 1pm to 3pm – facilitated by NCT Breastfeeding Counsellors
Northfield Breastfeeding Support Group, Northfield Health Centre, 15 St. Heliers Road, Northfield, Birmingham B31 1QT
Remember: You can also contact your midwife or health visitor directly for breastfeeding information, support or to discuss any problems.
Helplines and telephone support
- NCT Breastfeeding Line 0300 33 00 700 Staffed by volunteers and open 7 days a week from 8am to 10pm. You do not have to be a member of NCT to use this helpline
Some other useful breastfeeding links:
- www.babyfriendly.org.uk UNICEF Babyfriendly UK: breastfeeding information for parents and healthcare professionals
- www.kellymom.com Interesting and informative US site on breastfeeding, weaning and attachment parenting
- www.bestbeginnings.info UK charity working to improve awareness of health benefits of breastfeeding and its role in reducing health inequalities. Watch the DVD 'from bump to breastfeeding'