Introducing Solid Foods workshop in Tunbridge Wells for babies born between mid March and mid June - 4N/C1843
A 2 hour course. This consists of 1 Thursday morning session.
Moving from milk feeds to solid foods is an exciting journey for your baby. Find out how we can help you on the way.
These two-hour workshops are for a parent or carer to attend with their baby ahead of when they make the transition from milk to solid foods. They will help you get off to a good start, and being longer than your local NHS sessions, there's more time to ask questions.
The course is suitable for both breastfed and bottle-fed babies and with a friendly and qualified NCT Practitioner you'll explore:
- How to recognise the signs that tell you when your baby is getting ready for solid food.
- Baby-led weaning and spoon-feeding. What are the pros and cons.
- Which foods are best to offer your baby and why, taking into account your family's diet and cultural influences.
- What foods to avoid.
- How much to feed and when to reduce milk feeds.
- Concerns and safety issues such as: ensuring your baby has a healthy and balanced diet; how to recognise allergies; what to do if your baby starts choking; where to go for more information.
Discounts are available for this course; please enquire in confidence about these by contacting your friendly course organiser.
If you choose not to attend a course, please join NCT. You'll be supporting our valuable work plus you'll have access to all the other services we provide, for example, social events for you and your baby, early entrance to NCT Nearly New Sales and local meetings.
For more information on the course stated above, please complete the enquiry form below. You should expect a response within two working days.
Completing the form will not commit you to booking a place on the course or having to make any form of payment. A provisional reservation will be made for you on the course, which will be valid for up to 5 days.