This live interactive online workshop will give you all the information you need to start introducing your baby to solid foods.
NCT Introducing Solid Foods workshop for babies born in August to October
- NCT Courses and Covid-19
Until the end of March 2021 our courses are online. Currently, due to rising Covid-19 infection rates and official guidance for pregnant women, online is the only way we can safely and practically deliver local, fully interactive and inclusive courses – a decision supported by the Royal College of Midwives.
We know how much you value our in-person courses so we’re keeping our options open for courses from April 2021 onwards. Currently you can still book these as in-person classes but we’ll only bring people back together in venues once it is safe to do so. We’ll never put you, your baby or your family at risk.
Course Reference #5O-C1722
For parents in and around
Our workshops are longer than your local NHS session, so there's more time to ask questions. We make sure every parent leaves our workshops feeling confident about feeding their baby.
This two-hour online workshop is for a parent (or carer) and baby to get you both to start introducing solid foods. It's suitable for both breast-fed and formula-fed babies.
Delivered over the video call platform Zoom by a friendly and qualified NCT course leader, you'll explore:
- How to recognise the signs that tell you when your baby is ready for solid food.
- Baby-led weaning and spoon-feeding - pros and cons.
- Which foods are best to offer your baby and why, taking into account your family's diet and cultural influences.
- What foods to avoid.
- How much to feed and when to reduce milk feeds.
- Concerns and safety issues such as: ensuring your baby has a healthy and balanced diet, how to recognise allergies, what to do if your baby starts choking, and where to go for more information.
Pricing & offers
The cost of the course is based on where the course leader is based. Make an enquiry and we'll get back to you with more information about this course and its pricing.
We offer generous discounts to families who get certain means-tested benefits or whose household income is less than £28,190 pa.
Make an enquiry
To find out more information or to request a booking on this course, please fill out this enquiry form.
Completing the form will not commit you to booking a place or making any payment. A provisional reservation will be made for you on the course.