This live interactive online workshop will give you all the information you need to start introducing your baby to solid foods.
NCT Introducing Solid Foods workshop for babies born in July to September
- NCT Courses and Covid-19
Covid-19 price promise: If all of your course takes place online due to Covid-19, we promise to give you a 15% discount.
We are updating course information on our website and contacting course bookers as early as we can before courses begin, explaining how your course will run.
Here is our latest safety guidance for all in-person sessions.
How we make decisions about the delivery of NCT courses
As the UK’s largest parenting charity and leader in the field of antenatal education, we make informed decisions with full consideration to the current and any (confirmed) future UK government restrictions and official guidance and the most reliable research findings and data regarding pregnancy and Covid-19.
We also consult closely with our colleagues at the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) and Royal College of Midwives (RCM).
It’s our charitable mission to support all parents to have the most positive experiences of pregnancy, birth and the early days, so we will:
- always make decisions that offer the best experiences available whilst protecting you, our parents, your babies and our NCT course leaders.
- act promptly and transparently, informing you how and why your course will be delivered as early as practically possible.
Course Reference #C004642
Our workshops are longer than your local NHS session, so there's more time to ask questions. We make sure every parent leaves our workshops feeling confident about feeding their baby.
This two-hour online workshop is for a parent (or carer) and baby to get you both to start introducing solid foods. It's suitable for both breast-fed and formula-fed babies.
Delivered over the video call platform Zoom by a friendly and qualified NCT course leader, you'll explore:
- How to recognise the signs that tell you when your baby is ready for solid food.
- Baby-led weaning and spoon-feeding - pros and cons.
- Which foods are best to offer your baby and why, taking into account your family's diet and cultural influences.
- What foods to avoid.
- How much to feed and when to reduce milk feeds.
- Concerns and safety issues such as: ensuring your baby has a healthy and balanced diet, how to recognise allergies, what to do if your baby starts choking, and where to go for more information.
Become an NCT member and start saving now. We have all sorts of amazing brands on board including maternity clothing and baby brand Jojo Maman Bebe, or you could treat yourself to a discount at the cinema. You’ll receive information about local events and join a community of new parents all experiencing pregnancy, birth and early parenthood together.
Pricing, payment options and discounts
This NCT Introducing Solid Foods workshop costs £26 per person plus baby/babies.
Book now for a 2-hour expert-led session covering all the information you need to confidently make decisions about feeding your baby. Topics include: recognising when baby is ready for solid food; baby-led weaning and spoon-feeding – pros and cons; best foods to offer and which to avoid; how much to feed and when to reduce milk feeds; concerns and safety issues e.g. healthy and balanced diets, allergies, and choking.
Payment types and options
You can pay for your course by debit or credit card via Worldpay. We currently accept payments from Maestro, Mastercard and Visa.
Income related discounts
We offer course and workshop discounts if your total yearly gross household income is under £30,000 - see our discount policy for more information.