Becky is a qualified NCT doula. She lives in Hereford with her 4 children (two young adults), all born at home.
Would you like Becky to be your doula?
Email Becky at RebeccaKingDoula@yahoo.co.uk or call 07791 212025
Being a lone parent since 2010 and a childhood as the youngest of 8 children has taught Becky resilience, self-reliance, adaptability and compassion.
Now that her children are older, she has the opportunity to fulfil her lifelong passion to support women in pregnancy and childbirth.
Becky will offer information and signpost you to relevant specialists so that you can make informed choices about your pregnancy and birth. You will have the time to ask questions and for your voice to be heard.
During your early labour she will be with you at your home and in whichever birth setting you choose, home, birthing unit, hospital.
Becky will be there with physical /practical help, guidance, encouragement and, most of all, to care for you. She is committed to enabling you to have the best possible experience of pregnancy and birth.
She is happy to support women within an hour's drive of Hereford.
She would like to offer her services on a voluntary basis to women / couples who are in a vulnerable position due to, for instance, domestic abuse, refugee status, mental health issues , lack of support etc.
- NCT access course level 3, NCT, Bristol.
- NCT Doula pathway level 5, University of Worcester.
- Becky is a volunteer in the maternity unit at Hereford hospital.
Becky will provide support by:
- Before the birth, three meetings with you and, if you have one, your birth partner to get to know you and to discuss any preferences or worries you have as regards your birth.
- Available by phone, text and or email in between meetings and for 4 weeks after the birth.
- On call 24/7 from 2 weeks before your estimated due date (EDD) until your baby is born.
- Stay with you throughout your labour and birth.
- Final visit (approximately 2 weeks after the birth) to support you as a new family and talk through your birth experience.