Borbala is an NCT doula for South West London.
Would you like Borie to be your Doula?
Email email@example.com or call 07936772394
Based in Clapham Common, South West London, Borie has been an experienced Nanny over the past decade, caring for babies and young children with love, passion and understanding. She has also focused on supporting mothers and fathers through their transition into early parenthood.
The extensive training she has completed with NCT (as a doula, antenatal practitioner and pregnancy yoga teacher) makes her the perfect candidate for your birthing needs: she is able to answer your birth-related questions and help you navigate through the many decisions you will make before your baby arrives. She will be happy to teach you calming yoga postures, relaxation and visualization techniques that can aid your labour and birth. She is an advocate of personalised labour support, where the emphasis is on the birthing woman’s needs and preferences. She is passionate about supporting women wherever they decide to give birth and she aims to help you create a positive birth experience. Borie will be there for both of you, supporting the birth partner as well, enabling you to have the support and experience you are hoping for.
Borie is happy to have a chat with you over the phone to see whether this service is right for you.
- NCT Doula
- NCT Antenatal teacher
- NCT Yoga for Pregnancy teacher
- Optimal Birth (specific labour positions)
- Aromatherapy for Childbirth
- Paediatric First Aid
- Infant care
- BSc in Social Work
Borie will provide support by:
- meeting you and your partner 3 times before the birth to get to know you and to build an understanding of your hopes and wishes, and to establish what type of birth you are hoping for
- exploring your options around labour, birth and the immediate postpartum period
- helping with writing up your birth preferences
- teaching you and your partner breathing and massage techniques, active labour and birth positions before birth
- being on-call from 2 weeks before the expected due date until your baby arrives
- joining you at home or in your chosen birthplace as needed when in labour
- staying with you and your birth partner throughout labour and birth
- using aromatherapy to ease labour discomfort, alongside relaxation techniques, massage, Rebozo techniques and specific positioning for the labouring parent
- staying with you for a few hours after your baby is born, to make sure you all are well looked after
- providing breast/chestfeeding support as needed
- visiting your new family a few weeks after the birth (or when suitable) to reflect on your birth experience
- being available over the phone/WhatsApp and via email
'Borie was amazing. I knew from the moment I met her that she had everything I was looking for in a Doula: a wealth of knowledge, solidity and warmth. She supported myself and my partner throughout the pregnancy and then was a godsend during the birth itself. Some of my labour was at home and some of it was in a birthing pool. Borie helped to make each environment magical and calm. She supported us throughout the experience, but I never once felt she was 'replacing' my partner. Indeed - she was able to support us so that my partner could be MORE involved.
My labour was a long one and Borie's stamina was incredible! Because our baby started to have some problems with her heart, we ended up needing to make some decisions around an assisted delivery. She helped us to make an informed choice, with the health of our baby the absolute priority. I will definitely be giving her a phone call when we have our second and feel hopeful that Borie could help us with a home birth next time.
I remember being pregnant and asking our baby to choose the person she'd like to help bring her into the world. The next day, we found Borie. My baby is a wise one!
Myself, Masud and baby Lucy thank you from the bottom of our hearts for helping us through this life-changing experience."
“Borie has been an invaluable help in us successfully (and peacefully!) settling into our new family life and easing the transition from being a family of three to a family of four. We cannot recommend her caring, calm, positive nature enough.”