Caroline in an NCT doula in Surrey and the surrounding area.
Would you like Caroline to be your doula?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01306 884724
Caroline is married to Nick and mother to three beautiful daughters Holly (15), Freya (13) and Martha (8), whom she gave birth to in hospital, at home and under water respectively. Her passion for birth was first ignited when she trained to become an Antenatal Teacher after the birth of her second daughter. She has now taught over 80 courses and has been recognised as an Advanced Teacher by the NCT, and is also an Assessor for the NCT. She has attended births at St. Thomas’, St. George’s Tooting, Chelsea and Westminster, St Helier, and Epsom General, as well as home births.
Caroline realised that she would like to be more involved with women and their partners as they birth their babies and in that early precious postnatal period, so she went on to train as a doula. Becoming a doula has been a natural progression for her – the knowledge that she has gained, and the time she has spent with expectant parents, is proving to be really relevant to her role and feels extremely honoured to be involved with parents at this special time of their lives.
When you go into labour, Caroline can join you, either at home or hospital, whenever you feel you need her. If your partner is going to be there then she just hopes to complement the support they are going to give you, thereby enhancing your labour experience and also offering them any support they may need.
She has supported parents in a variety of circumstances – on regular labour wards and in birth centres, and has also supported mothers both with and without their partners present. Caroline really believes the most important thing is that you feel fully supported throughout the experience and that you look back on it with a clear understanding of what happened and why at every stage.
Caroline is very happy to chat informally over the phone to discuss whether this service is right for you.
Caroline is an NCT antenatal teacher and NCT doula.
Caroline will provide support by:
- Meeting with you up to three times before the birth so that you can get a good understanding of the type of birth you are hoping for and any hopes and fears you may have.
- Helping you with your birth plan so that you can work together with the health professionals to achieve your birth preferences.
- Staying with you and supporting you throughout your labour and birth, helping you to focus on you and your needs.
- Helping you with any birth skills that you may be interested in using such as massage, active birth positions, breathing and relaxation.
- Meeting up with you again after the birth to discuss it in full, as at the time it is sometimes a bit of a blur.
“Thank you so much for all your support and getting me through the labour. I couldn't have done it without you.”
“Thank you for helping us bring little Hugo into the world. Matt and I both really valued your support on the day and feel that you helped us stay confident in challenging circumstances. We are so pleased we chose you as our birth partner.”
“Thank you so much for your invaluable support. The labour would have been far more traumatic without you there to lean on (literally and metaphorically).”