Charece is currently a student NCT doula.
Would you like Charece to be your doula?
Email: (email@example.com) or call (07498042277)
Charece lives in the St. George area of Bristol and is easily available to all surrounding locations in the city. She is also able to travel anywhere within a 15mile radius of Bristol. Charece is passionate about the divinity of women and has a strong belief in their innate ability to carry and birth babies holistically- this passion is what brought her to the NCT Doula training course! She studied midwifery for two years, supporting many families and helping to birth new life into the world along the way, but decided her passion would be best fulfilled in a role where she could provide continuous one-to-one support and build an ongoing, trusting relationship with women and their families.
Having helped women to birth and supported families in hospital, birth centres, and through caesarean births, her understanding of the experience of birth is thorough. She has a great insight into the role of midwives and is therefore happy and confident about working alongside a midwife at your birth.
Charece is passionate about the positive effects that good support and empowerment can have on you, your partner and your birth experience. Breathing and massage techniques can help you manage your experience and Charece will offer to support you with these. She also values the importance of empowering your birth partner and can support them to find ways that they can stay calm and find their own sense of purpose in the birth environment. This can really have a positive impact on their ability to best support themselves and you through labour.
If you’d like to know more about Charece and the service’s she can offer you and your family she is happy to have a chat over video call.
Charece is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Charece is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. The fee for Charece to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
Charece will be an NCT qualified antenatal teacher, Yoga for pregnancy teacher and doula at the end of this academic year.
She also has qualifications in health and social care and sociology studies.
Charece will provide support by:
- Meeting with you at least 3 times before the birth to build a supportive relationship with you and get to know your needs and wishes
- Helping you explore and understand your options in labour, birth and those first few hours after birth
- Helping you write your birth preferences and ensuring your individual needs are communicated to your healthcare team
- Being on-call for you from two weeks before the expected due day until your baby arrives
- Being there to help you make the best on-the-spot decisions with you if needed during your labour and birth
- Being available to call, WhatsApp or email for the duration of your contact
- Visiting you and your family at a time that suits you to offer support and help you reflect on your birth experience
“Thank you for being such a supportive presence at the birth of our son Isaiah. Looking back, I realise that at every point in my labour you were there to give me and my husband support and reassurance. That’s one thing I am especially grateful for- we never felt alone.”
-Remi and Liam, parents of Isaiah