Charlotte is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Charlotte is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. Your baby needs to be due between the mid-February and mid-April 2022 for you to be able to consider asking Charlotte to be your birth doula. The fee for Charlotte to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
Would you like Charlotte to be your doula?
Email: email@example.com or call 07469252451
Charlotte lives in Wolverhampton and is happy to travel up to a 20-mile radius (about a one hour driving distance from Wolverhampton) to support women and their families.
Having previously supported women during labour and birth, Charlotte is thrilled to now be a NCT student doula. She is also currently working towards NCT qualifications in breastfeeding counselling and pregnancy yoga. She hopes this will enable her to offer support to women and their families using a range of relevant knowledge and skills such as positioning and movement during labour and birth, and relaxation techniques involving breathing and mindfulness.
Charlotte believes empowered and informed decision making can have a strong positive impact on birth outcomes. She will work with you to enable you to have the birth you want, and if you would like, support you through the early postnatal period, with feeding and becoming settled with your new baby.
Charlotte is happy to support women and their families wherever they choose to give birth, whether that is at home, in a hospital or anywhere else they are going to feel safe and comfortable.
- Charlotte has completed her first year of the NCT and University of Worcester Birth and Beyond foundation degree.
- Charlotte has completed work experience at her local Maternity Unit where she worked alongside midwives to support women through labour and birth.
- BTEC Health and Social Care Level 3 National Diploma.
Charlotte will provide support by:
- Meeting with you and your partner (if you have one) before the birth, so she can get to know you and understand your preferences as well as any concerns you may have.
- Being available by email, text and phone between meetings.
- Being on call for up to 4 weeks around your estimated due date.
- Supporting you physically and emotionally throughout your labour and after birth.
- Supporting you with feeding your baby the way you want to, using her knowledge and skills on infant feeding.
- Offering a meeting with you some weeks after birth (or whenever you feel ready) to reflect on your birth together.