Chelsea is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Chelsea is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. Your baby needs to be due between mid-February and mid-April 2022 for you to be able to consider asking Chelsea to be your birth doula. The fee for Chelsea to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
Would you like Chelsea to be your doula?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07599759710
Chelsea is based in Hatfield, Hertfordshire where she lives with her partner and two children. She is available to support parents in the borough of Welwyn Hatfield, Potters Bar and Barnet.
Becoming a mother at a young age herself, Chelsea feels that having personalised support and information is important in creating a positive birth experience. She hopes to equip you with knowledge to aid your decision making and act as an advocate to ensure you feel heard and understood.
Chelsea understands the importance of birth environment and will endeavour to meet your needs in your chosen location, be that a hospital or at home.
During the birth, Chelsea would offer practical support including birth positions, breathing techniques and massage, alongside emotional support for you and your birth partner. She can also provide support with skin-to-skin and initiating breastfeeding if this is something you would like.
Chelsea is positive and considerate and will strive to work together with you to ensure support is tailored to your needs.
- Currently in her second year of the NCT Birth and Beyond foundation degree
- Also studying Yoga for Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Counselling
Chelsea will provide support by:
- Meeting with you and your birth partner (if you have one) on up to three occasions to get to know each other, discuss your wants
- and needs for labour and birth, provide any information you may want and discuss preferences for practical support
- Be available by email and text message between meetings
- Be available for up to four weeks around your estimated due date
- Be with you for the duration of labour and birth, ensuring you are settled afterwards
- Support for initiating breastfeeding during the first hours
- Meeting with you postnatally to talk through your birth