Claire is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Claire is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. The fee for Claire to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
Would you like Claire to be your doula?
Email: email@example.com or call 07714435586
Claire lives in Shropshire, just outside Ludlow and is within easy reach of Shrewsbury, Telford, Hereford and the surrounding areas. Claire is happy to travel up to 45mins/ 30miles.
Claire lives with her husband and two daughters who enjoy the outdoors, going on walks in the countryside.
Before Claire started her foundation degree with NCT, she worked for 9 years on and off with the NHS as a maternity health care assistant, working on both antenatal and postnatal wards, delivery suite and the neonatal unit. Claire took time out of working with the NHS to have her own children and to develop her skills studying childcare.
It was while working as a maternity health care assistant she chose to pursue her passion in supporting women and couples, to help create continuity of care, both antenatally and postnatally that can enable both emotional and physical support to be achieved throughout pregnancy and birth.
Claire is also passionate in supporting parents with perinatal mental health which is something she wants to develop her skills in going forward after her foundation degree.
Creating a safe and secure environment enables trust. Claire is happy to meet with you and you birth partner to talk with you about your birth plans, provide information, to listen to you in a non-judgmental way and act as an advocate, where your decisions are paramount.
Claire is happy to help with relaxation, massage and breathing support during pregnancy and labour to create a calming environment.
- Childcare level 3.
- Currently studying at the University of Worcester graduating in summer 2022 to become an NCT Baby Massage Teacher (Due to qualify February 2022), NCT Pregnancy Yoga Practitioner, NCT Antenatal Practitioner.
Claire will provide support by:
- Organising an introductory meeting so you can get to know Claire.
- Two antenatal visits (more if needed).
- Being available by phone, text or email.
- Being on call from 37 weeks - 42 weeks.
- Staying with you throughout your labour and after birth until you feel settled.
- Support with feeding including signposting.
- Be on the end of the phone during early days to provide support.
- Organising a follow up meeting within six weeks to reflect on your birth experience and to discuss any other support you might require.