Deborah is currently a student NCT doula. She lives in Gloucestershire and can support parents living in the Tewkesbury, Cheltenham and Gloucester Districts.
Would you like Deborah to be your doula?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07846 472854
Debs is a mum to four teenage sons and has a wealth of experience supporting women during pregnancy and delivering antenatal support programmes across Gloucestershire.
Her love of working with parents has encouraged Debs to extend her support to the role of a doula, and she considers it a privilege to be able to support women and their partners through labour and birth.
Debs’ experience with many different families means she is non-judgemental and accepting of others, and believes in supporting women to make the choices that are right for them. She believes that if a woman feels totally cared for and is treated with kindness and respect they are more likely to feel that they have had a positive birth experience. Debs will give reassurance and emotional and physical support throughout your labour, whether at a hospital, birthing centre or home environment and make sure you and your partner feel comfortable and cared for.
Deborah is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Debs is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. The fee for Debs to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
- NCT Birth & Beyond Cert HE (2016)
- Debs has over 3 years’ experience creating and providing antenatal programmes and pregnancy group support for Home-Start, a charity supporting families throughout the UK.
- Debs will complete her Birth & Beyond Foundation Degree training in June 2021 and will qualify as an NCT Antenatal Practitioner and an NCT Doula.
Debs will provide support by:
- Offering an initial meeting so you can decide if she is the right doula to support you. There will be no obligation to proceed.
- Meeting with you twice before the birth of your baby so we can get to know each other. She will use this time to answer any questions, help you to feel prepared and to understand how you would like to be supported during your labour and birth.
- Being available by text, phone or email during your pregnancy.
- Being on call 24/7, ten days before your due date and until your baby is born.
- Staying with you throughout your labour and birth.
- Providing one postnatal visit, meeting with you after the birth of your baby and giving you the opportunity to talk through your birth experience and discuss any other support you may need.