Emma is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Emma is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. Your baby needs to be due between mid-February and mid-April 2022 for you to be able to consider asking Emma to be your birth doula. The fee for Emma has been appropriately set to recognise the fact she is a student.
Would you like Emma to be your doula?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07981955654
Emma lives on the Norfolk/Suffolk border with her husband and 5 daughters. She has always loved working with families and has over 10 years of experience working with children and young people. After having her first daughter at the age of 19 years and experiencing 5 hugely different births herself, Emma understands that for birth to be a positive experience the right support is key.
Emma will support you in your chosen birth, be that a hospital or home birth within a 25-mile radius of her home.
Emma is passionate about helping to create an environment where labouring women and their supporters are empowered with information to help them make the right decisions for their pregnancy/birth and parenting journey.
Emma hopes to be an advocate for parents, ensuring that they are well informed of their choices and have their voices heard. She is calm and well organised with a caring nature and will look to take her lead from the families as to what they need from her. She will be able to offer practical help with the birth, including massage, relaxations, breathing and positions as well as offering emotional support throughout the birth and the days/weeks that follow.
Emma feels strongly about protecting the space around the labouring woman and her partner during the birth and the hours that follow to allow the family time and space to get to know each other intimately, in a relaxed environment that will promote and encourage bonding.
Emma has completed year one of the Foundation Degree Birth and Beyond and is Currently Studying with the University of Worcester to complete the degree and become an NCT Birth Doula, NCT Breastfeeding Counsellor, with New Baby New Family Postnatal Module(Graduating summer 2022)
Emma will provide support by:
- Meeting with you and your partner (if you have one) two/three times before the birth to build a supportive relationship, and discuss any worries, hopes and fears and any birth preferences you may have set out in your plan.
- Being available via phone/text/email in between visits.
- Being on call 24/7 10 days prior to your due date and until your baby is born.
- Staying with you throughout your labour, birth and after to ensure you and your new family are settled.
- Offering support in the early days including feeding support if required.
- Meeting with you again within six weeks of the birth should you wish to reflect upon your birth, and signpost to any further support.