Erin is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Erin is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. Your baby needs to be due between mid-February and mid-April for you to be able to consider asking Erin to be your birth doula. The fee for Erin to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
Would you like Erin to be your doula?
Email: email@example.com or call 07342633347
Erin lives in Somerset and able to drive up to an hour to support women and families.
Erin is a loving and supportive person and has a love for the outdoors, travelling and cups of tea. Erin is excited to support women and families at one of the most important times in their life and understands that appropriate support is a key part of a positive birth experience.
Having had up to a year's experience in maternity settings, supporting women and their families, antenatally, during labour and birth and postnatally, Erin wanted to pursue her passion for empowering women through birth by becoming an NCT Doula. Erin has also had a lot of experience working with children and young people when working overseas.
Having had a desire to support women and their families through pregnancy labour and birth for many years, Erin wants to provide a calming and supportive presence in whatever birth and birth environment you choose to have. Being an advocate for informed decision-making Erin will support you in a way that is right for you and understands that every woman's experience is different and is keen to support you with that. Erin can also provide a range of skills to support you including massage, relaxations and breathing support.
- Alongside training to be an NCT Doula, Erin is also training to be an Antenatal practitioner and Yoga for pregnancy instructor.
- Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care, Graded. (2018)
- Up to a year's experience working in maternity units supporting women and their families through labour and birth. (2018/19)
- Completed NCT birth and beyond. (2021)
Erin will provide support by:
- Meeting with you and your birth partner (if you have one) to decide if Erin is the right doula for you.
- 2-3 meetings prior to the birth to build a relationship with you and to discuss how Erin can support you in the way you want.
- Being available via text/call/email in between meetings.
- Being on call 2 weeks prior to your due date and up until your baby is born.
- Working with your birth supporter (if there is one) on ways that we can work together to support you.
- Staying with you throughout the entirety of your labour, birth, first feed and after to provide support.
- Offering support in the early days via text, email and zoom if wished.
- Visiting you once postnatally within the first 6 weeks to provide any additional support, signpost if needed and reflect on the birth experience together.