Hannah Shirley is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Hannah is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. Your baby needs to be due between the end of February and mid-April 2021 for you to be able to consider asking Hannah to be your birth doula. The fee for Hannah to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
Would you like Hannah to be your doula?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 07943 719314
Hannah lives in Halesowen and is willing to travel about an hour from home.
Hannah has attended many births during her time volunteering in the Midwifery Department at her local hospital. Hannah has supported woman in labour during this time and helped to create a calming environment. She has always had a burning desire to support women and their partners during labour.
Hannah has devoted her career to working with and supporting families and their babies. Her passion is to empower women to birth with confidence, to feel supported and in control. Hannah has a very calming nature and is determined to use her knowledge to encourage women to have a positive birthing experience. She will also be available to support you during labour such as, exploring breathing techniques, massage and different birthing positions which may help you to give birth to your baby. Hannah will be there to support and empower you to ensure you make the right decisions for you and your family.
- BTEC Health and Social Care Level 3 Extended Diploma
In June 2021, Hannah will be a qualified NCT Doula and NCT Antenatal Practitioner.
Hannah will provide support by:
- Meeting with you two or three times throughout the pregnancy to get to know you and to discuss your birth plans and any concerns you may have.
- Be available by phone, text and or email in between meetings.
- Be on call for up to 2 weeks before your due date and until your baby is born.
- Stay with you throughout your labour and after the birth to ensure you and your new family are supported.
- Support you in the first few hours of your baby’s birth.
- Meet with you within 6 weeks of your baby’s birth to talk through the birth and to support you in the postnatal period.