Jasmine is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Jasmine is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. Your baby needs to be due between the end of February and mid-April 2021 for you to be able to consider asking Jasmine to be your birth doula. The fee for Jasmine to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
Would you like Jasmine to be your doula?
Email: JasminePageScarlett@outlook.com/ or call: 07507010125
Jasmine is a mother of 3 living in Chislehurst with her young family. Since a young child it has always been her hearts-desire to support women during the birthing process. She would describe her doula practice as a little traditional as she aspires to provide a sense of ‘being with woman’ during birthing experiences, taking a holistic, empathetical, calming and non-judgmental approach. Jasmine values all aspects of pregnancy, labour and birth; nurturing you through your birthing process. She is passionate about supporting and empowering women to trust within their bodies and to not underestimate the power of birth.
Jasmine really enjoys building genuine connections with parents. She is happy to meet with you and your birthing partner (if you have one) to truly get to know you and develop a trusting relationship. You may choose to meet up with Jasmine to explore your birthing options, share your wishes/fears or simply to catch up for a chat over a cup of tea. She desires to create a partnership with you and your birth partner, as this will allow you all to work collectively as a team when your labour begins. Jasmine will always listen to you, comfort you and respect your wishes. As your doula she will support you to have control over your birthing experience and act as an advocate for your choices.
Jasmine is a qualified NCT breastfeeding counsellor and is also currently training to become a NCT pregnancy yoga teacher. She will calmly and skillfully support you during your birth, using relaxation & breathing techniques, active birthing positions or calming yoga poses. Jasmine has also completed aromatherapy for childbirth training and can explore aromatherapy during labour or massage techniques with you if you wish.
Jasmine’s breastfeeding counsellor role has taught her to become a good listener and strengthened her ability to support others with informed decision making. She will join you in labour whenever you feel you need her and remain with you and your birth partner until the end of your labour. Jasmine will provide a continuity of care physically and emotionally for both you and your birth partner, whilst offering companionship and a reassuring presence throughout.
- Currently training to become a qualified NCT birth Doula
- Qualified NCT Breastfeeding counsellor
- Royal College of Midwives accredited Aromatherapy for childbirth course
- Currently studying at the University of Worcester to become a NCT pregnancy yoga practitioner (Graduating in summer 2021)
Jasmine will provide support by:
- Meeting with you and your birthing partner up to 3 times before the birth, this will give us the opportunity to really to get know one another and build a genuine friendship.
- Together exploring your birth options, your hearts desires and any concerns you may have regarding the birth.
- Being available for unlimited contact via telephone, text or email from the start of our contract.
- Staying with you for the full duration of your birth and a few hours afterwards (if you wish).
- Being on call 24/7 2 weeks before your estimated due date until your baby is born.
- Offering breastfeeding support (if you wish).
- Practising relaxation, breathing techniques, active birth positions and aromatherapy suitable for childbirth.
- Meeting with you postnatally to reflect on your birth experience and discuss any further support you may require.