Jemima is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Jemima is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. The fee to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
Would you like Jemima to be your doula?
Email: email@example.com or call: 0788 650 6312
Jemima lives in Bromley, Kent with her husband and 3 children ages 14, 11 & 3. Her locality places her within close reach of the A2/M2, allowing her to travel to surrounding areas of South London easily up to 1 hour away.
Jemima’s passion for wanting to support women through pregnancy and birth was realised after having her last child. At this point she knew she had a love for pregnancy and how precious the birthing experience was to her and reflected upon her past experiences of naturally supporting friends through pregnancy and the early stage after childbirth.
As your Doula, Jemima will aim to provide a calm environment and seek to support you and your birthing partner (if you have one) however you need, to have the best birthing experience possible. Jemima will support you by providing encouragement and any relevant information. Jemima has her own birthing experiences to draw from. She has first-hand experience of giving birth in a hospital setting as well as a birthing centre. She will also provide a range of breathing techniques that will assist you in labour along with methods of relaxation and helpful positions to promote being active whilst in labour. Jemima will be happy to support you whatever your choice of setting, be it a homebirth, hospital or birthing centre.
Jemima has completed year 1 of the NCT and University of Worcester Birth and Beyond Foundation Degree. She is currently studying to complete this in summer 2021.
Jemima will provide support by:
- Meeting with you, and your partner (if you have one) on three occasions before the birth to get to know one another, discuss any concerns and establish what your birth preferences are and how she can support you both.
- Being on call for you 24/7 for up to 4 weeks around your estimated due date.
- Staying with you for the duration of your labour & birth and helping you to get settled for the first couple of hours after the birth.
- Being available by email and text message, outside of scheduled appointments.
- Support with feeding through sign posting.
- Meeting with you after the birth to discuss your birth experience.