Joanna is an NCT doula for Sheffield.
Would you like Joanna to be your Doula?
Email email@example.com or call 07530297378.
Joanna is a mother of three and since the birth of her eldest has been passionate about the well-being of women through pregnancy and birth.
Joanna previously worked for the NHS providing support to children with mental health and learning difficulties. This experience has taught Joanna to keep a calm and relaxed attitude which can be of comfort to parents.
By carefully listening and discussing your choices together, Joanna will use her knowledge in massage, counter pressure, affirmations and birth positions to find the best way to support you during the birth. As well as providing you with a range of physical and emotional support, Joanna will also be there to provide practical support, whether this is setting up your birth pool, getting you off to a good start breastfeeding or guidance during that first bath or nappy change.
Whether your choices include cesarean or home birth, Joanna will be there to support and embrace all your decisions. Joanna believes giving birth can be a wonderful experience and this is an important foundation on which to build a family. Joanna will be there to share the knowledge and skills to support you to create a safe and loving environment in which to birth your child.
NCT Doula, Antenatal Practitioner and Yoga for Pregnancy instructor.
Joanna will provide support by:
- Meeting with you three times before the birth.
- Supporting you to write a birth plan.
- Imparting knowledge and skills to support you through the latter stages of pregnancy and birth.
- Being on call for two weeks before your due date until your baby arrives.
- Staying with you throughout the entirety of your labour and birth.
- Providing physical and emotional support (e.g. massage, relaxation, affirmations, active birth positions, breathing exercises).
- Providing support to communicate with midwives and health professionals on your behalf.
- Providing support to a birth partner, should there be one.
- Taking photographs at any stage you wish.
- Meeting with you postnatally to discuss the birth and point you towards any further support you may need.
"Joanna was a constant source of support during my pregnancy, she gave me confidence in myself and I understood far more about what was going on with my body when it came to the birth."