Lillian is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Lillian is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. The fee for Lillian to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
Would you like Lillian to be your doula?
Email Lillianbamford@gmail.com or call 07377062129
Lillian is based in Birmingham and comes from a big family; she is very personable and has a good sense of humour. Lillian is willing to travel up to an hour in any direction from Quinton, Birmingham. She is passionate about informed decision making and understanding rights during birth and labour.
She is knowledgeable of how to support labour in any environment, hospital, birth centre or home. Lillian offers emotional support to a birthing person and their partner (if they have one) by creating a safe and judgment free space. Lillian can give massage during labour and position advice as well as relaxation and visualisation practise. Lillian will advocate for your previously discussed wants and needs. She believes in reassuring and working with your birthing partner. Through these methods she aims to help maintain positive birth hormones and aid in a more comfortable labour.
Lillian believes that people who feel listened to and feel well informed are more confident, more satisfied and more empowered by their birth experience. Lillian knows that having continuous support from a doula has a positive effect on birth outcomes and postnatal experience.
- Successfully completed level 4 training in Birth and Beyond at University of Worcester
- Completing Breastfeeding Counsellor and Doula training with NCT at level 5 with the University of Worcester
- Hypnobirthing instructor running ‘Bams Bumps’ trained by The Birth Uprising
- LGBTQ+ awareness and sensitivity completed with The Queer Birth Club
- Completed 24-hour midwife observation at the Birmingham Women’s Hospital and observed three births
Lillian will provide support by:
- Offering to meet you three times antenatally to get to know each other, discuss your pregnancy and birth ideas
- Helping create a personal birth preference plan (labour map)
- Offering phone, text and email support in between meetings
- Offering continuous physical, emotional support through labour and birth as discussed during antenatal meetings as well as advocating for needs previously established
- Providing support available via text, phone, email and Zoom to discuss things like feeding support and how you’re finding the fourth trimester as well as signposting to other useful recourses
- Providing one postnatal meeting within six weeks after birth to reflect on the experience together.