Monique is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Monique is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. The fee for Monique to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
Would you like Monique to be your doula?
Monique lives in South-West London and is happy to support women and their partners through pregnancy and birth in a 15-mile distance radius (about an hour’s drive), whether that be at home or in a hospital setting. Monique knows that all births are different and having a positive understanding with the right support is essential.
Monique has always loved working with families and has over 10 years' experience working with babies, children and young people. Monique is still in contact with some of those families now.
Monique believes women know their body best and have the best knowledge on how they would like to birth their baby. She would like to empower you to make better more informed choices for yourself and your baby. Monique will be your advocate ensuring that you receive the respect and dignity you deserve while in childbirth, as well as offering you and your partner (if there is one) continuous support whether that be emotional, physical or informational. She will also help your partner understand what is happening and what they can do to best support you.
Monique will be with you with a calming presence, listening ear and encouragement to give you the best support when birthing your baby. Practising birth skills with you such as breathing techniques, massages, affirmations or active birth positions suitable for birth. Additionally, she will support you and your birth partner during your post-natal experience making sure you are doing what is right for you.
Monique is friendly, caring, cheerful, warm-hearted and a great listener, giving her the qualities to help maintain a positive birthing environment for you.
- Monique has completed her first year in the Foundation Degree Birth & Beyond with NCT and the University of Worcester.
- CACHE diploma Level 3 in Childcare and Education.
- Currently studying Baby Massage, Mother and Baby Yoga, Pregnancy Yoga and a Postnatal Module in New Baby New Family.
Monique will provide support by:
- Meeting you and your partner (if you have one, or someone you feel comfortable with).
- A further two or three meetings before the birth to go through any questions you may have as well as concerns. This is to get to know you and build up that initial friendship relationship.
- Being available for contact via telephone, text or email between meetings.
- Being on call for you 24/7 up to 4 weeks prior to your estimated due date.
- Staying with you throughout your labour and a few hours after your birth to make sure that you are all comfortable and settled.
- Visiting you and your baby (preferably before 6 weeks) to talk about how you are doing postnatally and to discuss any support you may need.