Paula covers Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk and the surrounding area.
Would you like Paula to be your Doula?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 07727 063757
Paula is married and a mother of three children, all of which were very different labour and births. These experiences stirred the desire to work as a doula and within NCT.
Paula is passionate about birth and offering support throughout pregnancy, birth and beyond to enable a positive experience. She aims to make sure that all parents are supported, physically and emotionally, making sure that their wishes and decisions are heard, while paying close attention to the needs of both partners. Paula will offer massage and relaxation and visualization techniques, calming yoga postures, massage, whilst providing the consistency of a familiar face during labour and birth.
Paula feels comfortable to support you through birth, whether it be at home, a birth centre or consultant led unit. She will be there to help create a special experience.
Paula feels her role as a doula is to work alongside the mother and birth partner before, during and after the birth by helping them to feel calm, prepared, supported and empowered
Research shows that women who have doula support at their birth have shorter and less painful labours. Continuity of care is a big part of this, so by being there for you and working together, a positive experience can be created where you feel happy and confident about your decisions and plans.
- NCT Birth & Beyond Degree – with University of Worcester
- NCT - Doula
- NCT - Yoga for Pregnancy
- NCT - Mother & Baby Yoga
- NCT - Baby Massage
- Little Birth Company - Hypnobirthing
- Royal College of Midwives - Aromatherapist for Pregnancy Massage and Aromatherapy for Childbirth
- Breastfeeding Peer Supporter (Training – West Suffolk Hospital)
Paula will provide support by
- Meeting with you three times before the birth to discuss your worries, hopes, fears and preferences, building a supportive relationship.
- Being available via phone, text or email.
- Being on call from 38-42 weeks, day and night.
- Providing continuous emotional and practical support for you (and your birth partner) for the duration of your labour.
- Helping you all to settle as a new family in the first hours after the birth.
- Meeting with you one week to ten days after the birth to support you through the early days and reflect together on the birth.
Paula is happy to have a chat with you over the phone to see whether this service is right for you.