Tanya is currently a student NCT doula. An important part of training for this role is that Tanya is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. Your baby needs to be due between mid- February and mid-April 2022 for you to be able to consider asking Tanya to be your birth doula. The fee for Tanya to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
Would you like Tanya to be your doula?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07484898934
Tanya is a mother of three boys aged 18, 15 and 4, whom she lives with in Reading, Berkshire along with their little dog who is 2. She is conveniently situated close to the M4 and is happy to cover surrounding areas up to an hour away.
Tanya is passionate about all things pregnancy and birth related, knowing from an early age that she wanted to work in this field. Her aim is to support and empower you through your pregnancy and birth by offering evidence-based information and a non-judgemental ear to help you reach informed decisions about what is right for you and your partner (if you have one).
Tanya will assist you with your planning throughout your pregnancy, be your advocate during labour, and support you and those around you to feel happy and confident getting to know and caring for your newborn baby.
Tanya can support you both emotionally and physically, offering physical skills such as breathing and relaxation techniques, massage, suggesting and helping to accommodate suitable positions for labour, as well as support with feeding once your baby is born.
Tanya is naturally nurturing with a calm and intuitive demeanour, and she will listen to your wishes and be fully supportive when implementing them. Tanya will work with you and other health care professionals to support you wherever you choose to birth your baby - at home or in the hospital.
- Level 3 Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery (Distinction Profile)
- Second year student (level 5) of the NCT and University of Worcester Birth and Beyond Foundation Degree programme
- Studying to become a doula, postnatal practitioner and Yoga for mother and baby teacher
Tanya will provide support by:
- Offering an initial (no pressure) meeting with you and your partner (if you have one) to decide if she is the right doula for you
- Meeting with you and your partner (if you have one) on at least 2 more occasions before the birth to get to know one another and create a plan for your preferences
- Creating a ‘birth plan’ together and discussing any concerns or queries that you may have and how to best support you (both)
- Being on call 24/7 for up to two weeks prior to your due date and until your baby is born
- Staying with you for the duration of labour and your birth, and for the first few hours after the birth to help you to get settled and for support with feeding if you would like it
- Being available by text and email outside of our scheduled appointments up until 6 weeks after the birth
- Meeting with you and your partner (if you have one) postnatally to reflect on your birth journey, address any concerns and offer any further information/signposting as required