Vicki is an NCT doula for East Sussex.
Would you like Vicki to be your Doula?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07792673266
Vicki has always had an interest and passion for birth. As a young teenager she was present at the birth of her niece and then subsequently at the birth of her nephew. It was these early formative experiences that had ignited Vicki’s passion for birth. She has also supported friends during their births and even considered a career in midwifery.
Whilst applying for midwifery training she encountered the NCT. After engaging with the local branch and speaking with local NCT practitioners Vicki decided that the ethos and intentions of the NCT strongly resonated with her and she felt that working with NCT would allow her to support women and parents in a way that may not be possible as a midwife.
Vicki passed her level 4 NCT antenatal teacher training with the University of Worcester in July 2017 . In 2018 she completed her training with the NCT and university of Worcester as a Doula, pregnancy for yoga teacher, mother and baby yoga teacher and baby massage teacher.
Outside of the NCT Vicki is a holistic therapist specialising in body massage, aromatherapy and reflexology.
Vicki lives and works in Brighton. She would consider supporting women living within the East Sussex area or within a 20 mile radius of her home.
- NCT Level 4 Birth & Beyond practitioner
- NCT Level 5 Foundation degree
Vicki will provide support by:
- Meeting with you on 3 occasions prior to the birth to discuss your birth plan and any concerns you may possibly have. The meetings will also allow you to get to know one another and enable you to build a personal connection.
- Being available to contact via email or phone throughout your pregnancy.
- Being on call 24/7 10 days before and 2 weeks after your estimated due date.
- Staying with you throughout your labour and birth and then for as long as you require after the birth.
- Meeting with you 7-10 days post birth to reflect on and talk through your birth experience and discuss any further support you may require.