Vikki is currently a student NCT doula.
Would you like Vikki to be your doula?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07833494563.
Vikki lives in Hinckley with her daughter. She is happy to work in areas within 25 miles including Leicester, Loughborough, Nuneaton, Coventry and eastern Birmingham.
Vikki aims to inspire confidence in a women’s natural ability to give birth. She can provide support regarding different labour positions along with massage and breathing techniques for labour.
She feels her role as a doula is to support the mother and any birth partners in being prepared for birth. Through helping them establish what forms of relaxation work for them and creating a birth plan that is personalised to the experience they are looking for. She will work with you and your healthcare professionals to support you wherever you choose to birth your baby.
Vikki feels most importantly that she will be there to support you emotionally throughout pregnancy, birth and in the early days of being a new parent.
An important part of training for this role is that Vikki is required to support a woman or couple through birth with the support of the NCT doula tutors. Your baby needs to be due between the end of February and mid-April 2021 for you to be able to consider asking Vikki to be your birth doula. The fee for Vikki to support you has been appropriately set to recognise the fact that she is a student.
- Vikki has completed the first year of her NCT Birth and Beyond Foundation Degree, where she studied Breastfeeding and Giving Birth.
She is currently studying to become an Antenatal practitioner, Yoga for Pregnancy practitioner and Birth Doula and is due to complete this in June 2021.
Vikki will provide support by:
- Meeting with you a minimum of three times antenatally, to build a trusting connection with you and discuss your birth preferences. This can be in person or virtually.
- Attending appointments if required.
- Being available to you via text or email between arranged meetings up till 6 weeks after birth.
- Being on call 24/7 10 days prior to your due date and until your baby is born.
- Staying with you throughout your labour and birth. Until a time you feel settled and comfortable for her to leave.
- Meeting with you after the birth to share your birth story and offer any further information if needed.