Pregnancy and birth are amazing journeys but many new parents find feeding their baby more challenging than expected. With our new service you can book dedicated support from an NCT breastfeeding counsellor in your own home.
When it comes to feeding - however you decide to feed your baby - we know how physically and emotionally challenging it can be. It can take time to feel confident about feeding your baby. NCT breastfeeding counsellors can offer the additional support you may feel you need. All in your own home at a time that suits you. This new paid service offers up to an hour and a half of dedicated support. So your breastfeeding counsellor has time to observe a feed (if the time is right for your baby), to support you and answer all your questions.
NCT breastfeeding counsellors do not offer medical diagnosis of issues or medical intervention for example frenulectomy (tongue tie snip).
Find an NCT breastfeeding counsellor offering this service
This is a new offer initially running in 8 areas. If you live in these areas, NCT are offering the opportunity to book and pay for a home visit with your friendly local breastfeeding counsellor. Contact them directly to find out more. We aim to aim to get back to you as soon as possible, usually within 48 hours. Please phone the Infant Feeding Line on 0300 330 0700 (option 1) if you need urgent support.
- Aberdeen (15 miles around AB15) - Tracy Kavanagh: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bath (10 miles around Bath) - Heather Kale: email@example.com
- Belfast: BT1, BT10-15, BT29, BT40-46, BT51-54, BT57 - Hazel Ross: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Belfast: BT2-9, BT16, BT18-23 - Heidi Brewer: email@example.com
- Belfast: BT17, BT24-28, BT36-39 - Máire Alexander: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leicester (Central & North Leicester) - Lucy Joyce: email@example.com
- Sheffield (S1 - S17) - Sophie Macfadyen: firstname.lastname@example.org
- West London (TW1, TW2, TW3, TW7, TW9, TW11, TW13, SW14 postcodes) - Liz Lambourn: email@example.com
- Winchester (10 miles around SO22) - Jane Moffett: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wolverhampton (10-15 miles from DY1) - Louise Oliver: email@example.com
There may also be breastfeeding groups that you can access free of charge in these areas. Use the local activities finder to find out more.
If you have general questions or comments about this new service please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What to expect
NCT has been supporting families through the transition to parenthood for 40 years. Our breastfeeding counsellors have had extensive NCT training and offer skilled, parent-centred support. They are evidence-based, unbiased and commit to keeping their knowledge and skills up to date.
All forms of feeding
Your breastfeeding counsellor can support you and your family with breastfeeding, expressing, mixed feeding, stopping breastfeeding, formula feeding or introducing solid foods.
Practical and emotional support
Your breastfeeding counsellor will make use of person-centred counselling skills, bringing thoughtful and empathetic support to you and your family. This includes listening to you without judging or criticising and offering information and suggestions. She will provide relevant information that you may find helps you to make informed decisions when feeding your baby.