NCT Signature antenatal course
With a relaxed and friendly style, every NCT Signature antenatal course is as individual as you are. That’s because every course is tailored to the needs of the small group taking part.
All sessions are led by licensed experts, to prepare you both physically and emotionally for the arrival of your beautiful baby.
NCT Signature courses are longer than NCT Essentials courses, with a focus on the arrival of your baby - labour and birth alone make up around two thirds of your course. Plus there's plenty of time to explore all your questions, hopes and anxieties in a safe and supportive space. A typical format is:
- Pregnancy and birth choices
- Body awareness, relaxation, breathing and massage
- What happens in labour, role of a partner and how your baby is born
- Pain relief
- More complex pregnancies and medical procedures, including caesareans
- Home births and water births options
- Looking after a new-born and feeding your baby
- Early parenting and lifestyle changes
NCT Signature antenatal courses are famous for the friendships and networks that form as new mums- and dads-to-be too, prepare for one of life’s most wonderful experiences. Plus, becoming a member of NCT brings you even closer to other new parents in your area as well as discounts at major retailers, free legal and financial advice, low cost holidays and much more.
After the birth of your baby there are playmates for them and a ready-made social and new-parent support network for you, through NCT’s unique network of 325 local branches.
- A personalised and flexible course designed around your information needs.
- Two thirds of time spent on labour and birth.
- Small groups for in-depth discussions.
- Develop friendships with other local expectant parents to provide on-going support in a relaxed and social environment.
- Courses are held locally during evenings and weekends to suit your busy schedules.
- Couples, singles, friends and family partners welcome.
- Access to an NCT-exclusive digital support pack, plus our free week-by-week pregnancy e-newsletter.
- Concessions and discounts available.
We decided to wait before we had our first child. But when I discovered I was expecting I wasn’t sure if I was ready or confident enough to become a mum. Friends advised me to book on to an NCT Signature antenatal course. I wasn’t sure at first, but the course was fabulous and really helped me prepare… both physically and emotionally. Plus it’s really good to have made friends with people going through the same experiences as me.
Lara's mum Julie, Epsom