Your ideal opportunity to explore ways to meet the challenges of modern parenting and your child's development, through our unique course for parents/carers of babies aged 6-12 months.
Knowing that this time in your child's life is one of the most important in determining their future, in so many ways, can often put additional pressure on parents and carers.
However, there is so much information on how to raise children that parents are often left asking, "Is this normal?", "Am I doing that right?".
This new, evidence-based NCT postnatal course is based on the experience of real parents. It will help you grow more confident in your own abilities and choices as a parent, to support the social, emotional, physical and mental development of your child.
You will discover, with the help of an experienced facilitator, how to resolve challenges by improving understanding of your own, your partner's and your child's needs and motivations.
With a focus on solutions you'll reflect on your interactions with your child and others in the family. Plus you will:
- Understand the social, physical and emotional needs of your child and what you can do to support their development through play, communication and discipline.
- Explore different parenting approaches and why we parent the way we do/what influences the choices we make.
- Make use of current research evidence around sleep, play, eating, crying, tantrums and other parenting challenges.
- Learn how to build positive relationships with your partner as a parent, with other carers, and with your child.
- Contrast your experiences and learn from other parents by sharing tips and approaches.
- Learn strategies/be helped to enhance your relationships with your family, friends and others.
Courses start in June 2017 in:
- Kensington and Chelsea
NCT Parent comes with 30% off our usual cours price. In return all we ask is that you complete a questionnaire before and after your course. This will help us develop how we communicate about the course to parents in the future. Check the "find a course" box on the right to find details of your nearest NCT Parent course.