The next sale will take place on: Saturday 18th April 2015
Come grab a great bargain! A wide variety of pregnancy, baby and young children’s items for sale. Clothes, toys, books, games, nursery furniture, bedding and equipment.
Nearly New Sales Essentials:
1-3pm (12.45pm early entry for NCT members with membership card)
Entry: £2 per family (in support of NCT Charity)
Registering for a table: Booking tables contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering at a sale is other ways of helping your branch: Contact email@example.com
Apart from shopping at a sale, eating our cakes and having a cup of tea or coffee, you could also support your branch by:
- Booking a table (ideal if you need to create more space at home).
- Promoting the Nearly New Sales: If you cannot attend on the day but would like to help out, why not publicise the event by putting up posters or handing out flyers at local school, nurseries, toddler groups you may be attending. Please contact Amanda (firstname.lastname@example.org ) for more information and to get some flyers.
- Helping stock up our refreshments stall:Why not bake or buy a cake and donate it for us to sell on the NCT's behalf. 100% of the money raised goes to the NCT. I
- f you are able to bring a cake along on the day please just drop it off with one of our volunteers.
- Volunteering on the day: All of our sales are run entirely by volunteers and any offers of help are always welcomed. We need people to help setting up the hall between 12pm and 3.30pm, this involved putting out tables and signage and setting up the entrance table and refreshments stall. Volunteers are then needed to man the entrance and the refreshments stall for the duration of the sale and we always need people to help clear away at the end. (Volunteers get the oportunity to puchase before the doors open)
Sellers: Anyone can sell items at the sale (you do not have to be a member of NCT). All items must be nearly new, complete and in good condition. We do not accept for safety reasons, the following items:-
- Recalled items (see information about recalls on RAPEX:http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/rapex /rapex_archives_en.cfm)
- Bag style baby slings -Car seats, car booster seats, ’Isofix’ bases or car seats from travel systems (see note in pram/pushchair section)
- Riding hats or crash helmets
- Children’s outer garments with a draw string hood
- Bottles, baby food & formula milk
- Second-hand breast pumps
- Mains powered electrical equipment or toys (unless tested and approved by a qualified electrician
- Mattresses (excluding travel cot mattresses)
- Pedal cycles (if saddle height is more than 635mm)
- Cosmetics (unless unopened, originally for sale in the UK and before the use by date)
- Upholstered furniture (unless with the permanent label “Carelessness Causes Fire”)
- Carrycot stands (unless labelled with size and weight loadings, with a guard rail, suitable base, instructions and a maximum height of 432mm).