🎪Happy Mondays Playgroup (During school term times only) Bevington Hall, Beckenham 9:45 - 11 am
We are so excited to be back running our Happy Mondays playgroup! Please note that due to current social distancing measures our numbers are very limited and in order to cover our hall hire charges the price is £3 per family (only 1 adult per family please).
It is open to all, run by a friendly and welcoming bunch of volunteer local parents. You don't need to be an NCT member to attend.
We have a foam mat area for newborns and crawlers. There are lots of toddler toys to keep your little ones busy!
Come and join our lovely group and get your week off to a good start!
PLEASE NOTE TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE
- Social distancing guidelines are to be adhered to at all times
- Due to Covid-19 safety protocols and limited volunteers, we are unable to provide refreshments at this time but hopefully, this will change in the near future.
- You are welcome to bring along your own water bottle and child snack (please do not share these with any other attendees)
- Please bring along your own baby changing mat. Please dispose of nappies at home because the venue does not have a nappy bin.
- Due to social distancing, we need to limit our numbers and therefore we need to charge £3 per family (only 1 adult) at this time to cover our hall hire fees and to make this group sustainable.
- Tickets must be booked in advance.
- Booking links will be shared on our social media pages and in our Beckenham and Borders Events Facebook group each week.
- **NEW VOLUNTEERS WELCOME**
To help our new Happy Mondays coordinator restart this group we have
plea for willing volunteers who can help with the hall set up and tidy up at the end. We are hoping to restart refreshments in the near future and require a volunteer to help serve hot drinks (due to Covid-19 measures the kitchen cannot be self-service). Please speak to our lead Happy Mondays volunteer or get in contact with the branch for further details.
- Thank you for your cooperation
As we restart this group we ask that you would kindly consider helping our lead volunteer Gemma. (You don't need to
commit to every week - this can be on a rota basis)
- arrive early to help set up the hall (toys, chairs, safety gates)
- give the floor a quick dry mop (microfibre) and check the hall is tidy and clean at the end of the session
❓💡Please contact us if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing you soon! 🤩
🙋♀️NEW VOLUNTEERS WELCOME
To help keep our branch running we welcome new volunteers who can help.
Please speak to our coordinators or get in contact with our branch for further details👋
Many thanks 🙏🏻
- Limited free parking is available on Manor Way BR3 3LN (on Kelsey Park side of the road)
- Pay and display car parks operate at Beckenham Green BR3 1AX and at Fairfield Road BR3 3LD (behind Lidl)
- Buses 54, 162, 227, 354, and 367 stop nearby
- Beckenham Junction station and tram are a 4mins walk
Volunteers are always needed...and always gratefully received!!
We need volunteers from 9.30am and we work on a rota basis; all duties are shared equally. Please contact email@example.com if you would be interested in taking turns in:
- Set up: putting all the toys out and generally getting the hall ready for 10:00 am opening
- Kitchen duties: prepare the tea urn & layout coffee, teas, drinks for children, biscuits, snacks & mugs. Collect cups, wash up & tidy away by finishing time
- Door: welcoming everyone, collecting entry fee & ensuring everyone has signed in
- Tidy up: at 11:00 am everyone helps (including the children) to tidy up all toys into boxes. If you’re a fan of the The Cube, you’ll love the challenge of fitting everything into the tiny cupboard, without pulling everything on your head!
- Singing: if you have a sense of humour and don’t take yourself too seriously, we’d love to have you lead the singing! The kids love it and it’s always a giggle, however some of us are shy souls, so if you really, really, really don’t want to lead the nursery rhymes at the end, you don’t have to! Just let us know and it will be duly noted
- Cleaning: ensure that the bins are checked and nothing nasty has been left in them (i.e. nappies), run a broom over the floor to clear up any squashed biscuits, breadsticks or spillages
Event Location Pics: