We are excited to announce that from September our Happy Mondays playgroup is back! (0-4 years) It is open to all, run by a friendly and welcoming bunch of volunteer local parents. You don't need to be an NCT member to attend.
Due to Covid-19 safety protocols we are unable to provide refreshments at this time but hope this will change in the near future. You are welcome to bring along your own water bottle and a child snack (please do not share with any attendees).
We have a foam mat area for newborns and crawlers. There are lots of toddler toys to keep your little ones busy!
Come and join our lovely group and get your week off to a good start!
Mondays 09:45am -11am (during school term times)
Bevington Hall, Beckenham Methodist Church, Bromley Road on the corner of Bevington Road, Beckenham, BR3 5JE
Please bring along your own baby changing mat and nappy bags. There is no nappy bin at the venue so we ask that you take home your used nappies to dispose of.
Thank you for your cooperation
Due to social distancing we need to limit our numbers and therefore we need to charge £3 per family (only 1 adult) at this time to cover our hall hire fees and to make this group sustainable.
Tickets must be booked in advance.
Booking links will be shared on our social media pages and in our Beckenham and Borders Events Facebook group each week.
Join via this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nctbeckenhamandborders
Or send us a DM on Facebook or email us: email@example.com
**NEW VOLUNTEERS WELCOME**
To help our new Happy Mondays coordinator restart this group we have
plea for willing volunteers who can help with the hall set up and tidy up at the end. We are hoping to restart refreshments in the near future and require a volunteer to help serve hot drinks (due to Covid-19 measures the kitchen cannot be self service). Please speak to our lead Happy Mondays volunteer or get in contact with the branch for further details.
The Beckenham and Borders Volunteering Team
- Limited free parking is available on Manor Way BR3 3LN (on Kelsey Park side of road)
- Pay and display car parks operate at Beckenham Green BR3 1AX and at Fairfield Road BR3 3LD (behind Lidl)
- Buses 54, 162, 227, 354 and 367 stop nearby
- Beckenham Junction station and tram are 4mins walk
Volunteers always needed...and always gratefully received!!
We need volunteers from 9.30am and we work on a rota basis; all duties are shared equally. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would be interested in taking turns in:
- Set up: putting all the toys out and generally getting the hall ready for 10:00 am opening
- Kitchen duties: prepare the tea urn & lay out coffee, teas, drinks for children, biscuits, snacks & mugs. Collect cups, wash up & tidy away by finishing time
- Door: welcoming everyone, collecting entry fee & ensuring everyone has signed in
- Tidy up: at 11:00 am everyone helps (including the children) to tidy up all toys into boxes. If you’re a fan of the The Cube, you’ll love the challenge of fitting everything into the tiny cupboard, without pulling everything on your head!
- Singing: if you have a sense of humour and don’t take yourself too seriously, we’d love to have you lead the singing! The kids love it and it’s always a giggle, however some of us are shy souls, so if you really, really, really don’t want to lead the nursery rhymes at the end, you don’t have to! Just let us know and it will be duly noted
- Cleaning: ensure that the bins are checked and nothing nasty has been left in them (i.e. nappies), run a broom over the floor to clear up any squashed biscuits, breadsticks or spillages