Date: Tuesday 12 January 2016
Time: 20:00 to 22:00
Venue: Bridge Village Hall, 28 High Street, Bridge, CT4 5JZ
To book your free place: https://nct.intrabiz.co.uk/cgi-bin/sys.cgi?action=NCT-product-client_view&id=27029437
We would like to invite you to a meeting to revive your local NCT branch as some of our volunteers wish to move on. We need your help to rebuild the team so we can ensure that NCT Canterbury & District branch can continue to offer support and friendship to parents and parents-to-be in the First 1,000 Days. Volunteer Jacqueline says: "I've met fantastic people through volunteering with the NCT. Looking back on my time at the committee, it's amazing to remember all the things we ran together as a group. I've learnt a lot from it all. Now that my children have outgrown the age group, I really hope others will take some of these roles on, and keep the support that the branch offers going."
So, are you interested in meeting people, working in a team, helping new parents get established in their new role? Do you have a background in admin, customer services, finance or accounting, IT or databases, copywriting, marketing, press and social media or the web? Or would you like to develop some of these skills? If so, there is definitely a role for you! And a friend - all the roles can be organised as job-shares. And the larger the team, the lighter the workload. Volunteering is fun, allows you to use your experience and gain new skills, and you have the satisfaction of knowing that you’re helping to make a difference for local parents.
We need volunteers for the following essential roles:
- Branch coordinator/Chair: who coordinates the work of the Branch committee or team, leads and develops the committee or team as a group, and is the principal link between the Branch and other parts of NCT
- Treasurer: who provides financial information necessary for the Branch committee/team to manage the Branch’s finances, keeps the Branch’s accounts up to date and prepares annual accounts
- Membership coordinator: who welcomes those getting in touch with the Branch (either directly or through other NCT channels) and encourages involvement and membership, keeps in touch with members and encourages renewals
- Parent support coordinator: who coordinates parent support activities such as the open houses and responds to enquiries from local parents, putting them in touch with Branch activities and services meeting their needs
- PSA Link: who is the link between the branch team and the antenatal courses
We will also be looking for volunteers who could coordinate our Nearly New Sales or Baby First Aid courses or Sling library volunteers or to help with publicity or edit our web pages.
South East region are planning to hold a training day in June for volunteers from all over the region, so you’ll be able to attend training workshops and network with other branches to share ideas and good practice.
We hope therefore that you will attend on 12 January to find out more and to join the new team. Please let us know you are attending to make sure we have enough refreshments. If you are unable to attend but still want to help, please get in touch.