The Cheltenham and North Cotswolds branch Nearly New Sales (NNS) provide an opportunity to buy and sell good quality second hand baby clothes, maternity wear, toys and nursery equipment at bargain prices.
About our sales
Our Nearly New Sales are held four times a year. We alternate between a clothing sale and a toy and equipment sale. (We do not accept clothes at toy sales).
Sale Opening Times
NCT members will be given advance access to the sale 15 minutes earlier (from 10.15am). Documented proof of NCT membership is required e.g NCT membership card.
Information for sellers
We are constantly trying to improve our sales so they run more smoothly for everybody involved. Experience through the NCT nationally has shown that the best way to run a sale is to use colour-coded seller's packs which are unique to you and the sale.
If you are thinking about selling at our next sale, please take the time to read the latest guidelines, as all packs that are ordered must be paid for, even if they are not used. The following documents are posted on the registration page for each sale.
* Nearly New Sale - Sellers letter
* Nearly New Sale - Sellers list
* Nearly New Sale - NCT Regulations
* Nearly New Sale - Fri night drop off agreement
To order your seller's pack(s), please go to http://www.nctcheltenham.org/registration/
Ordering is available 4-6 six weeks prior to each sale and closes the Sunday before the sale - sellers packs are sale specific so please do not order early. Packs cost £2.50 each and this will be deducted from your sale cheque.
Please note, you will be charged for each seller's pack even if you do not use it.
A seller's pack contains:
60 labels which are unique to you and the sale. (If you order more than one pack, you will simply receive an additional set of labels.)
Fliers for you to promote the sale with your friends and family.
When a sale is imminent, ordering will be available. You will receive a confirmation email which will provide information on:
* When you must drop off your items for sale (Fri night before the sale)
* General information about the sale
* Unsuitable items
* How to fill in your labels
* The location of the venue
Please take the time to read all of the information as it could save you unnecessary effort and expense. Also please note that we now require you to download and print 2 documents as we do not routinely post out - the seller's letter and the seller's list. These are available from the registration page for each sale. This can be accessed by clicking on the link to order a seller's pack.
You will receive 70% of the sales value of the items you have sold, minus £2.50 for the cost of each seller's pack. The remaining 30% will go to the NCT to help support other new parents and parents-to-be.
Clothes Sales only
It is preferable if all clothes are on hangers. Please note hangers will not be returned for sold items. Hangers are not available at the sale (although there may be some available after the sale for future sales). Boxes will be provided for wellies, hats etc.
The venue for our sales may vary so please keep an eye on this page or the specific sale you are interested in:
The 2015 sales will be held at:
All Saints Academy
We are always looking for volunteers to help run the sale. Tasks to be undertaken include:
* Taking entry fees
* Setting up tables and sorting items
* Running pay stations
* Clearing up!
By helping at a sale you get the perk of getting the first pick of sale items - but you do need to give up a few hours of your time.
If you are interested in volunteering to help at a sale, please click here prior to the sale.
For any other queries, please ring Rachel, our Nearly New Sale Co-ordinator on 07793028918. Please ring at considerate times, we are all volunteers and parents with young children.
Please help publicise the NNS by displaying a poster at your local nursery, playgroup, doctors surgery, office, supermarket or local shop. You can download a poster from the related documents section on the event page for each sale. This can be accessed by clicking on the relevant date at the top of this page. The more people we get to come to the sale, the more likely your items will sell!
You do not need to be an NCT member to sell or volunteer at the sales. Volunteers shop early! Selling is open to everyone, not just members. You will receive 70% of the value of the items sold, minus the cost of the seller's pack. Each seller's pack contains 60 pre-printed unique labels and a full set of instructions. Seller's packs are available for ordering 4-6 weeks before each sale and this facility closes the Sunday before the sale.