This week as well as being able to come along and have a drink and a biscuit and meet other mums & mums-to-be Katherine from our local Sing and Sign classes offering a Sing and Sign taster session.
No need to sign up just turn up on the day.
Research is ongoing into the effect of baby signing on the development of a baby's brain. In the earliest years of life, babies brains are 'wiring' themselves through their experiences. While using signs, parents say accompanying words and tend to give greater language input. Signing babies can communicate complex things earlier, many experts suggest this stimulates brain development and enhances the building of brain circuitry.
Signing benefits include:
- Helping to understand your baby's needs, thoughts and ideas
- Reducing frustration (for baby and parent!)
- Enhancing early vocabulary and understanding
- Encouraging the development of speech
- Enriching your baby's relationships
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- Stimulating your baby's intellectual and emotional development
Suggested donation £1.50