Date: Tuesday 13 June 2017
Time: 20:00 to 22:00
Venue: St Helen's College, 227 Long Lane, Hillingdon, UXBRIDGE, UB10 9JP
To book your free place: https://nct.intrabiz.co.uk/cgi-bin/sys.cgi?action=NCT-product-client_view&id=32505679
We would like to invite you to a meeting to revive your local NCT branch as some of our volunteers wish to move on. We need your help to rebuild the team so we can ensure that NCT Hillingdon branch can continue to offer support and friendship to parents and parents-to-be in the First 1,000 Days. Volunteer Rebecca says, “The biggest benefit of volunteering for me is the feel-good factor. I like knowing that I’ve helped raise money for a charity. It makes me feel like I’m doing my bit to fix the world. There are other benefits too, like the discounted NCT membership for my committee role, and accessing some events early. But, in the grand scheme of things, I like volunteering to make myself feel good.”
So, are you interested in meeting people, working in a team, helping new parents get established in their new role? Do you have a background in admin, customer services, finance or accounting, IT or databases, copywriting, marketing, press and social media or the web? Or would you like to develop some of these skills? If so, there is definitely a role for you! And a friend - all the roles can be organised as job-shares. And the larger the team, the lighter the workload. Volunteering is fun, allows you to use your experience and gain new skills, and you have the satisfaction of knowing that you’re helping to make a difference for local parents.
We need volunteers for the following essential roles:
- Branch coordinator/Chair: who coordinates the work of the Branch committee or team, leads and develops the committee or team as a group, and is the principal link between the Branch and other parts of NCT
- Treasurer: who provides financial information necessary for the Branch committee/team to manage the Branch’s finances, keeps the Branch’s accounts up to date and prepares annual accounts
- Membership coordinator: who welcomes those getting in touch with the Branch (either directly or through other NCT channels) and encourages involvement and membership, keeps in touch with members and encourages renewals
- Parent support coordinator: who coordinates parent support activities such as the open houses and responds to enquiries from local parents, putting them in touch with Branch activities and services meeting their needs
- PSA Link: who is the link between the branch team and the antenatal courses
We will also be looking for volunteers who could coordinate our Baby First Aid courses, Nearly New Sales, or to help with publicity, or Facebook, or edit our web pages. Plus you can volunteer jointly with a friend. It is fun being a volunteer.
London region are planning to hold a training day in the summer for volunteers from all over the region, so you’ll be able to attend training workshops and network with other branches to share ideas and good practice.
We hope therefore that you will attend on 13 June to find out more and to join the new team. Please let us know you are attending to make sure we have enough refreshments. If you are unable to attend but still want to help, please get in touch.
Thank you for reading this and see you on Tuesday 13 June!