Frightening statistics show that currently only 1 out of 10 parents would have the skills and the confidence to help their own child in a medical emergency. Luckily NCT Leeds are here to help! We run informal, friendly first aid courses throughout the year for parents and carers in Leeds. Our workshops are infant specific (up to 1yr old) and practical; giving parents the skills to know the difference between normal everyday complaints and real life-threatening situations.
You will learn:
- Incident Management – How to plan for and deal with a first aid emergency.
- Primary Survey – How to know when something is life threatening
- Unconsciousness – How to place an infant in the recovery position
- CPR – How to deliver rescue breaths and cardio pulmonary resus on an infant who is not breathing
- Choking – what to do when an infant chokes.
- Meningitis & temp control including febrile convulsions (fitting) - how to recognise the signs of meningitis and fitting and how to treat a high temperature.
- Burns & Bleeding – 90% of all hospital admissions involving young children are due to accidents with hot drinks. You will teach the basics of how to treat a burn / scald.
- Bumps to the head - signs to look for in a serious head injury vs a minor bump
You will leave our workshop with the confidence of knowing how to help your child in a first aid emergency until medical attention can be reached.
Our First Aid courses and teachers are fully accredited by the Association of First Aiders; the UK’s largest association supporting over 2,000 first aiders, first aid trainers and first aid training providers.