Our spring Nearly New Sale will be on SUNDAY 14th April 2019, at the Loughborough University Students Union.
If you wish to volunteer, click here:
Doors open at 11:30am to the general public.. NCT members gain early entry at 11am. Sale closes at 1.30pm.
What is an NCT Nearly New Sale?
This is a sale of maternity goods, nursery equipment, prams, baby and children's toys, books, DVD's, swimwear, clothes, shoes from 0-14 year olds. This is a major fundraising event for NCT Loughborough. We run them to provide a service to those who wish to recycle their no-longer-needed baby/children items to a good home and those who wish to buy good quality items at a bargain price. You can be involved in our NCT Nearly New Sale as a customer, seller, volunteer or any combination of these.
Being a Customer at our NCT Nearly New Sales
- Doors open at 11:30am to the general public.. NCT members gain early entry at 11am. Sale closes at 1.30pm.
- Entry fee is £1 per adult (children free).
- Goods for sale are categorised in areas and set up as you would expect any regular shop to be.
- Sale is staffed by volunteers who tidy and organise goods and assist customers.
- Starbucks Café for refreshments.
- You can use cash or cards at the tills (no cheques).
- NCT stand and trade stalls
- Buggies - sale gets quite busy, please bring sling/carrier if possible as we may need to restrict buggies. Cafe available.
If you would like further information, please firstname.lastname@example.org
Being a Volunteer at our NCT Nearly New Sales
- The reward for volunteering is entry to the Preview Sale at 9.30 – so first grabs on all the bargains!
- You need to commit to two shifts over the course of the Saturday or the Friday night previous to qualify for access to the Preview Sale (see registration system for shift patterns). We have to be strict to ensure fairness to all volunteers, but we can be flexible so do ask if you need a special arrangement and we can try to figure out a compromise! We are desperate for help, especially with heavy lifting tasks, at both set up on Friday night and Saturday after the sale. Volunteers with babes in arms are welcome, partners can share shifts to cover childcare as we have limited areas of the sale where it is safe for volunteers to bring children. Please email: email@example.com if you have any queries.
WANT TO GET MORE INVOLVED?
If you would like to help us plan our sales and become involved with the nearly new sale team, there are lots of things you can do to help, often from home around your current commitments. Any help, no matter how big or small is appreciated. We hold regular meetings at the Toby Carvery and the Student's Union. Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org