NCT St Albans and District are holding their next NCT Nearly New Sale (NNS) on Sunday 9th October at Nicholas Breakspear School, Colney Heath Lane, St Albans, AL4 0TT – 12-1.30pm (with early entry for NCT members from 11.45am). £1.50 adult admission in aid of NCT charity.
Bargains galore on high-quality, pre-loved baby, toddler and young children’s clothing, toys and equipment, such as prams, highchairs and baby carriers – with up to 75% off the original selling price of most items.
You can pay for your goods by cash or by credit/debit card with our chip and pin machines!
Please advertise this event (to both sellers and buyers) amongst your friends and relatives, and also at local playgroups, schools, places of worship etc.
Join our Facebook page to keep up to date with announcements: www.facebook.com/groups/182807878403735
If you’d like to learn more about our sale and why people sell, volunteer and buy from us, please read on and we hope to see you at our sale on 9th October.
Why sell with us?
- At our last sale in April we had over 350 buyers through the doors at our sale, all hungry for bargains on nearly-new baby and kids’ stuff
- You don’t need to have enough stuff to fill a table to sell – you can sell as many (or as few) items as you like!
- You don’t need to ‘man’ a stall…You just drop your items off, we sell them on your behalf (in exchange for a 30% commission) and then you can collect unsold items at the end of the day. However, we do love it when our sellers also volunteer to help at the sale and then they receive a reduced commission!
- Items selling for £20 or more have a capped donation of £6
- You are helping a charity that supports local parents – the 30% commission is ploughed back into our support services like the new baby changing and feeding tent
- You help prevent your used items from going into landfill – so it’s environmentally friendly too!
- It avoids the multiple trips to the post office and listing of items that come with eBaying
- You don’t have to haggle with buyers – you set the price you want for the item
- You receive a single payment into your bank account (or via cheque if you prefer) within 2-3 weeks of the sale to allow for any post-sale queries to be dealt with
Register to sell at: nct.intrabiz.co.uk/cgi-bin/sys.cgi?action=NCT-product-client_view&id=29733208
Why volunteer to help at the sale?
- You get the first pick of the amazing bargains on offer during our volunteer pre-sale
- You become involved with a great bunch of volunteers, all helping a charity that supports local parents in their first 1,000 days of parenthood
- If you are selling as well you will receive a reduced commission rate on the items you sell (either 15% or 20% depending on shift)
- We have jobs to suit everyone – sorting and displaying merchandise, tills, refreshments, security, tag sorting… the list goes on… So, Mums, Dads, grandparents and friends alike are all welcome to help out. We have four times slots for helpers: 8am-11.30am presale and setup, 9.30am-12.30pm car park, 11.30am-2.45pm sale and 8am-2.45pm all day
- It’s a lot of fun!
As ever we are sending out a huge thank you to all of those who have volunteered in the past, the sale really cannot run without you! So if you want to come and have a break from the kids and grab some bargains do volunteer to help.
Register to volunteer at: nct.intrabiz.co.uk/cgi-bin/sys.cgi?action=NCT-product-client_view&id=30257178
Why buy at our sale?
- We have 1,000s of amazing bargains on pre-loved baby, toddler and young children’s clothes, toys, books and equipment such as highchairs, prams and nursery items – up to 75% off the RRP
- It’s not a jumble sale… items are checked to ensure they are high quality and like new
- It’s not a car boot sale…the items are laid out like a shop by category, rather than by seller – so you can compare prices and quality of items before buying and you don’t have to haggle with sellers
- You help prevent items from going into landfill – so it’s environmentally friendly too!
- You can pay by cash or using a credit or debit card with our Chip and Pin Machines
- You are donating to a charity that supports local parents in their first 1,000 days of parenthood. From the price you pay 30% is donated by the seller to the NCT
No buggies allowed in the hall due to health and safety.
Please note that there is a new process for seller registrations but the same process exists for volunteer registrations.
Promotional opportunities for businesses at the NCT Nearly New Sale
Would you like your business to reach more parents to be and new parents in St Albans and surrounding areas?
We have the opportunity to have samples and leaflets in our Goody Bags (£50 for 350 bags).
It’s a great opportunity for local businesses such as activity providers, photographers and sellers of personalised or gift items to promote your business to local parents.
BOOK YOUR SPACE TODAY….
For enquiries please email email@example.com
Tracey Kemplay: “I have bought, sold and volunteered at several NCT sales. Through their sales I have made and saved myself a lot of money which has greatly enhanced my family’s life. Not just that through the branch and sales I have met a lovely group of new friends who I may only see a few times a year but who are always so welcoming to me it’s like we see each other much more often. This friendly nature is obviously felt by all as numbers of buyers and sellers seem to grow every sale.
The information you receive as a seller is clear and concise, it certainly makes it easier and a lot clearer when organising yourself ready to sell.
The quality of items has always impressed me and this is largely down the strict quality control, with all items being well displayed and clearly laid out in areas. This makes it a lot easier to find what you’re looking for and or to direct buyers to areas suitable for the age of their children.”
Sarah Mapple: “I was first introduced to an NCT sale when I was pregnant with my 1st child. My friend who already had a toddler took me along and I was amazed not only at the size of the event but also the organisation of it all and all done by volunteers too. Needless to say my shopping experience was a success & since going onto now having three children 5 & under, I have found them an invaluable service.”
Emma Riley: “NCT sales are without doubt the most effectively organised and welcoming NCT sales I have attended. The new system of labelling was a fantastic idea, saving so much time and effort for the sellers. I have attended sales as both a buyer and a seller and I always feel that the volunteers at NCT are keen to help and work incredibly hard to ensure the whole event runs smoothly. The emails sent to promote the event and prepare sellers are very useful and encourage everyone to get ready for the sale well in advance, even motivating sellers when you might feel like getting organised was a challenge! I really appreciated the speedy and hassle free payment now it is possible to arrange everything online. Thanks!”
Below you will find all the information needed, including two query forms should you wish to contact us about any items bought or sold over the weekend.
- Quick Guide to the Sale (pdf)
- Sellers Information Pack (pdf)
- Sellers Information Pack (Word)
- Volunteer Job Roles (pdf)
- Buyer Query Form
- Seller Query Form
Thanks to Big Yellow for providing storage for our Nearly New Sale equipment.