Let your Baby boom on a budget at NCT Towcester's Fabulous Nearly New Sale
Well-established and trusted by over 200,000 parents who visit them every year, Nearly New Sales represent the best sales of excellent quality used baby and children's items. All parents in the Towcester and District area can find top quality clothes, toys and equipment they needed for every stage of their little one's development.
If you need any more information then do email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: Sunday 16th November 2014
Venue: Towcester Racecourse, London Road, Towcester, NN12
Follow signs to sellers’ car park.
Price: £1 or FREE to NCT Members
What Can I Sell?
Clean, good quality baby, children’s and maternity clothing, school uniform, toys, books/dvd’s and equipment. Please remember this is a ‘Nearly New’ sale, and the condition of your items should reflect this. We reserve the right to not include any items we deem un-fit for the sale.
• Clothing bundled together is counted as 1 item. Please ensure they are firmly attached to each other and that the sellers ticket clearly states what is included in the bundle ie: 3 x T-Shirts
• We recommend that clothing is put on hangers
• Please attach your sellers ticket securely to the clothing using a safety pin as no ticket = no sale.
The following clothing items cannot be sold:
- Garments with a draw string hood
- Riding hats
- Crash helmets
Toys, Books/DVDs and Equipment
• Must be safe, complete and in good working order
• If your item contains detachable pieces, please ensure they are attached firmly together
• Please provide original instructions if available
• If items are placed in a box please do not tape it shut. This enables people to check the goods inside
• Please attach your sellers ticket securely to the item using tape as no ticket = no sale.
The following toys and equipment cannot be sold:
- Mattresses. If you have one available that is part of an item that you are selling, please leave relevant information and your contact details on the item so that the purchaser can contact you direct after the sale
- Car seats, car booster seats or Isofix bases. If you have one available that is part of a item you are selling, please leave the relevant information and your contact details on the item so that the purchaser can contact you direct after the sale
- Bag style baby slings
- Door bouncers without assembly instructions that include a weight limit
- Pedal cycles with a saddle height in excess of 635mm
- Carrycot stands that exceed height of 432mm, that are not labelled with size and weight loadings and/or do not have guard rail and/or suitable base
- Upholstered furniture that does not show the permanent label ‘Carelessness causes fire’
- Bottles, baby food or formula milk
- Second hand breast pumps
- Cosmetics that are open and/or past their use by date
- Mains powered electrical equipment that has not been tested and approved by a qualified electrician
- Recalled items
How should I price and label my items?
Any item sold for less than £1 will be deemed as a donation to the charity.
Please price items in multiples of 50p (50p, £1, £1.50, £2 etc). Any item priced in other multiples will be priced down to the nearest 50p multiple.
Your seller ticket is a two part ticket. At the till, one half will be detached and retained by NCT to calculate your commission and the other half will remain attached to the item. Both halves should display the same information.
Please attach just one half to your item as the other half needs to be easily detached at the tills. Tickets that are not easily detached will remain wholly attached to the item and the full sale price for that item will be retained by the NCT.
Please attach your tickets to your items securely using safety pins for clothing and tape for other toys, books/dvd’s and equipment as no ticket = no sale.
Bringing your items to the sale
All sellers must bring their items in boxes, please do not use bags.
Your boxes must be clearly labelled with your name and unique sellers ID reference.
Items for sale are displayed over two floors. Clothing and large items on the ground floor and everything else on the first floor. It would make unpacking your items quicker and easier if you are able to pack clothing in a separate box (and label the box ‘Clothing’).
Collecting your items after the sale
Any unsold items are placed back into the boxes you provided and await your collection.
Please check the lost label and rejected tables for any of your items. These tables will be located at a till point on both levels. We will issue an email to all sellers after the sale detailing any items not collected from the lost label and rejected tables asking the owner to arrange collection. You must claim and collect any items from us within two weeks of the sale. Any items that have not been collected after this time will be deemed as a donation to the charity.
How do I get involved?
If you would like to register as a seller, please contact email@example.com to order a booking form. Please complete that booking form by Sunday 9th November 2014 and send it back to the same email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We look forward to seeing you at the sale!